You've conquered the admissions process and you have received your "Welcome to NMU" letter and folder. Now what do you do?
If you have been admitted as a re-entry student, a part-time student, a military veteran or a post-baccalaureate student some or all of these may not apply to you. Contact the admissions office with any questions you have about your admission status and your next steps to becoming a NMU Wildcat!
Create your MyNMU account
If you have any questions while creating your account, please don't worry. We are here to help. You may contact the NMU Help Desk at 906-227-2468. Please be ready to provide your NMU I.N.
Visit MyNMU "Admitted to NMU" page
MyNMU is a tool used by NMU students to access a variety of information including class schedules, grades, transcripts, and financial aid information. Since you are admitted to NMU, you may access MyNMU to take you through the next steps to finalize your enrollment. This includes such activities as registering for orientation, housing, applying for scholarships and accessing your financial aid when it is available (in late March for those admitted for the fall semester). You may also begin to use your NMU e-mail address if you so choose.
Starting in Summer?
Contact ACAC for summer course registration assistance.
Confirmed for orientation?
Now review course placement information, including foreign language, math and English course placement.
Apply for Financial Aid
NMU provides a Financial Aid Pathfinder tool to help guide you through the process! Students admitted for the fall semester should submit the FAFSA by March 1 to receive priority consideration for aid. Students admitted for other terms should contact the Financial Aid Office for guidance. Once you have received your financial aid package from NMU, look it over, and then contact the Financial Aid Office with any questions.
Learn about course registration options
Learn about course registration options and follow the path that best fits your student type.
Learn a lot and have fun!
- Check out the student organizations and student employment while you are on campus for orientation. (www.nmu.edu/cse and www.nmu.edu/careers)
- Perhaps meet someone you would like to be roommates with (or would like share an apartment with if you are an eligible transfer student).
- Get directions to Marquette.
- Tuition billing for new students is generated after the final Fall, or the final Winter, orientation session. Payment Plans are available.
Contact Your Roomate
Housing and roommate assignments are usually mailed out early in August. Contact your new roommate to discuss who is bringing what (you don't want to show up during move-in with two refrigerators and no TV).
Get excited about starting your college experience at NMU! The first official day of classes is always at the end of August. Check out the academic calendar for this year's important dates.
Have fun at during your first weekend at NMU!
- Meet your roommate
- Buy your books
- Pick up your notebook computer (you'll be notified about when and where)
- Walk around campus (check out where your classes are located)
- Attend some activities with your family and/or your new roommate