Friday, Dec. 12
This semester we’ve dedicated new spaces for:
· Jamrich Hall
· Center for Teaching and Learning
· Spent a day meeting business/community leaders and alumni at:
· West Marquette County – Negaunee, Ishpeming, Republic, Michigamme
· Iron Mountain
· Extended Learning – 2 finalists
· Provost – Have done Skype interviews and will be doing first round of in-person interviews; narrow to 2-4 finalists to bring to campus
U.P. Energy Users’ Coalition
· I am co-chairing a group called the U.P. Energy User’s Coalition with Michigan Tech President Glenn Mroz.
· It has representatives from a wide range of businesses and organizations who have a vested interested in the U.P.’s serious power grid and energy distribution situation, in large part due to the fast-approaching closure of the Presque Isle Power Plant.
Expanding Dual Enrollment Options
· Talking with our School of Education, the U.P. Superintendents and many educators across the U.P. about dual and concurrent enrollment options and the role NMU can play in that.
Veterans Town Hall Meeting
· About 25 students with military backgrounds attended.
Core Values Listening Session
· Have held 6 sessions; plan to hold about 10 more next semester.
Big Fall Events
· Participated in my first NMU Homecoming, Family Weekend, Wildcat Weekend and Presidential Scholars Competition.
· President’s Council of Michigan Student Universities Retreat
· Presentations to Area Service Clubs
· ROTC Meetings
· Charter School Meetings
· Several receptions at Kaye House
· Attending a lot of NMU student events – concerts, plays, presentations, sporting events
· Faculty/Staff Holiday Party