FORMAL RECOMMENDATIONS TO THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES
NORTHERN MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY – Marquette, Michigan
June 17, 2016
1. That the minutes of the April 29, 2016 meeting of the Board be approved.
B. Personnel Actions:
1. Bugni, Jerry J., Assistant Professor-TAS, College of Technology and Occupational Sciences, a continuing appointment, effective August 17, 2016. (Continuing)
2. Tremethick, Mary Jane, Professor, School of Health and Human Performance, a tenured appointment, effective June 29, 2016. (Transfer)
C. Property and Finance:
1. That the Technology, Learning, and Communication (TLC) notebook program annual replacement of 3,980 ThinkPad notebooks for ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 4 and T460s LTE network ready premium model notebooks (to include warranty, engineering services, software imaging, and shipping costs) and a maximum quantity of 84 MacBook Pro models, be approved.
2. That an Art and Design materials fee of $5 per credit be charged for all courses in the Art and Design Department.
3. That a Music course fee of $35 per credit be charged for all courses in the Music Department, excluding the Music and Society course.
4. That a Natural Science course fee of $20 per credit be charged for all Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Astronomy, and Geography/Environmental Science courses, be approved. The current Biology $25 per lab fee and Chemistry $40 per lab fee will be eliminated.
5. That a course fee of $50 be charged to all students taking Radiography Clinic Experience courses RAD264, RAD266, RAD366, and RAD368. The fee will cover the cost of radiation dosimeters provided to the students.
6. That a Technology and Occupational Sciences materials fee of $20 per credit be charged to 100 level courses and above, in the Department of Technology and Occupational Sciences.
7. A refundable student recreational pass fee of $79 per semester be charged to all students taking six (6) or more credits. The fee will be refundable through the first five (5) days of classes.
8. That the $10 mathematics tutoring lab fee be removed.
D. Special Items:
1. That the Records Management function be moved from Archives under Academic Information Services in the Academic Affairs Division to the Internal Audit and Risk Management Department in the Finance and Administration Division.
2. That pursuant to the State of Michigan Public Act 152, Northern Michigan University will continue to be an 80/20 employer.
3. That the revisions to the NMU Student Code be approved. A copy is on file with Secretary of the Board of Trustees.
4. That the updated Contract Signing Authority be approved. A copy is on file with the Secretary of the Board of Trustees.
5. That the updated Parking Service Ordinance Book be approved. A copy is on file with the Secretary of the Board of Trustees.
6. That the revised Residency Policy be approved. A copy is on file with the Secretary of the Board of Trustees.