Students enrolled in the programs of the Engineering Technology Department, like all NMU students, have an abundant number of academic resources available to them. If you are a student who needs help but doesn’t see a resource below that would help you, do not hesitate to contact us. We’d be happy to point you in the right direction to find assistance.

  • NMU’s Academic and Career Advisement Center offers student advising, tutoring services, career assessments and informal degree audits.  For the convenience of students taking the majority of classes in the Jacobetti Complex, an ACAC office is available in room 103 of the Jacobetti Complex. To schedule an appointment, call 906-227-2283. 
  • The All-Campus Tutoring program offers peer-tutoring services on a walk-in basis and scheduled study groups.  The center is located in room 111 of the Learning Resources Center (library building), and is open during the fall and spring semesters only. Check the ACT Web site for hours of operation.
  • The NMU Writing Center is a free service available to all students interested in receiving additional help with writing.  The Writing Center is located in room 111-G in the Learning Resources Center (library building), near the Starbucks Lounge. Check the Web site for hours of operation.
  • The NMU Student Handbook outlines the rights and responsibilities of all Northern Michigan University students.
  • The Student Support Services program assists first generation, low income students, and students with disabilities in attaining their baccalaureate degrees.  SSS offers various types of support, including academic and personal advisement, skill building, financial aid, graduate school exploration, leadership opportunities and more.  To be eligible for support through SSS, a student must be a U.S. citizen and meet one of the following criteria:
    • come from a low-income household (as defined by the federal government);
    • be a first-generation student (neither parent has earned a bachelor’s degree);
    • have a documented disability; or  
    • have an academic need.