Electrical Engineering Technology
Degree Potential: Graduates from this program are sought by employers regionally and nationally to fill positions as service engineers, designers, software engineers, and more.
Degree Potential: Depending on the concentration selected (see below) graduates are sought by a wide range of public and private employers.
Laddering Opportunities: For students interested in pursuing a degree beyond the associate, the credits earned in this associate program are transferable to a baccalaureate degree program in Industrial Technologies, or Electrical Engineering Technology with little or no loss of credit.
Electrical Power Technician (Concentration)
Degree Potential: Graduates are sought by electrical power utilities, electrical power distribution companies, electrical power contractors, and manufacturers to fill positions in manufacture, construction and maintenance in the electrical power distribution field.
General Electronics (Concentration)
Degree Potential: Graduates are sought by general electric work companies, electronics repair shops, manufacturers of related equipment, hospitals, educational facilities, and mining/paper companies to fill positions as electricians, field service technicians, electronic technicians, journeymen/electricians, and inventory controllers.
Industrial Electrical (Concentration)
Electrical Engineering Technology Program Educational Objectives
- Graduates will have the technical knowledge and hands‐on skills in electronics required to effectively analyze, develop, and upgrade commercial and/or industrial applications.
- Graduates will be aware of the impacts of their decisions on the health and safety of the public and on the environment and of the ethical and professional standards expected in the field of electrical engineering technology.
- Graduates will be capable of applying critical thinking, both individually and in a team environment, and will be able to effectively communicate to diverse audiences via various communication methods.
- Graduates will be aware of the need for continuous professional development by embracing new and improving technology and incorporating it into the computers and/or electronics field.
Electrical Engineering Technology Student Outcomes
- Students will have an ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve broadly defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
- Students will have an ability to design systems, components, or processes meeting specified needs for broadly defined engineering technology problems appropriate to the discipline.
- Students will have the ability to effectively communicate to multiple audiences through a variety of venues, including verbal, written, and graphical modes. Students will also be able to identify and use technical literature.
- Students will have the ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results to improve processes
- Students will have the ability to function effectively as a member as well as a leader on technical teams.