All students living in residence halls are required to participate in one of the following meal plans. For Fall 2020 – Winter 2021, freshmen are required to be on the Platinum, Gold or Silver Constant Plan. Each plan includes Dining Dollars to purchase snacks and guest passes for others to use.
Each of the meal plans, except the Spooner Hall meal plan, also come with guest passes so family and friends can enjoy a meal with students at Northern Lights Dining
NMU Dining Services
At NMU Dining, we’re all about variety. Whether it’s the daily features at our dining halls or the items and offerings at our nine locations, we aim to provide delicious, well-balanced meals and products that take into account individual dietary preferences, all while providing exceptional service.
NMU Dining meal plans are designed to offer selection and options to suit your tastes and your budget. Whether you’re a new to NMU or returning, we look forward to serving you.
Additional Dining Information
What are Dining Dollars?
Dining Dollars allow students to purchase meals, snacks, or beverages from any dining location for late hours and convenience during the day. Most meal plans include these discretionary funds which are accepted at all of NMU's dining locations.
Are sick trays available?
Yes. If you're not feeling well, rest up in your room and order a meal through our sick tray program.
NMU Dining Services is committed to maintaining sustainable practices. We have partnered with a number of local businesses and organizations to provide fresh, healthy food on campus. We are proud to support the economy by purchasing locally.
Additionally, we are actively working to reduce wasted resources and incorporate more environmentally friendly products into our operations. Our dedication to sustainability is an important aspect of our operations.
NMU's Dining Facilities
- Northern Lights Dining: NLD is the premier dining facility on campus, located between The Woods and Spalding Hall. The dining hall offers students a full dining experience with a wide variety of meal options at eight unique stations.
- The Wildcat Den: features pub-style food, including locally sourced burgers, salads, wings, wood stone pizza and baked macaroni and cheese. Come for the food and stay for the pool, darts, Foosball, shuffle-puck and more!
- Sundre: Sundre is located on the lower level of Harden Hall and offers products that are non-GMO, organic, fair-trade, gluten-free, kosher, vegan, and vegetarian.
- Temaki: Temaki is a quick service restaurant that offers Asian-inspired cuisine, including sushi. All dishes are made fresh to order with the finest ingredients.
- Smoothie King: Located on Presque Isle Avenue, near the PEIF, each blend is crafted specifically to meet your individual goals — whether that’s health, fitness, wellness, or a nutritious treat, with countless combinations of fruits, veggies and nutritional enhancers.
- Fieras: If you are craving a fresh, perfectly seasoned, bold Latin flavor with an NMU touch then make a visit to Fieras, Spanish for “Wildcat.”
- Melted: The place to go for Your Grilled Cheese Fix is located in the heart of NMU’s campus on the second floor of the Hedgcock Building.
- Starbucks: Known for its expertly roasted coffee, espresso beverages and Frappuccinos, Starbucks is one of the most popular spots on campus.
- Cat Trax: Cat Trax is the perfect place to satisfy those late night cravings. Open until 1 a.m. and located near Northern Lights Dining, you can find a variety of snacks, candy, chips, ice-cream and grab and go items.