This summer learn about American culture and society, education, and business while improving your English language skills. When not in class, you will work with real business clients in the city of Marquette and participate in local activities and social events with Americans from NMU and the Marquette community. You will become acquainted with American culture, the U.S. education system, and the American way of life. Come work and play in the friendly and safe community of Marquette, Michigan. Get ready to enjoy unique experiences situated within the geography of Lake Superior, the largest of the Great Lakes and the largest freshwater lake in the world!
** Custom Programs Available for groups of 10 or more. Email Diana Vreeland at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
July 13 - August 9, 2019
*Dates are negotiable for school groups
The total cost for the program is:
- $3,500 (airport pickup to and from Chicago O'Hare Airport) or
- $3,300 (airport pickup to and from Marquette International Airport)
* Discounts are available for partner university students.
What's included in the program cost?
- 18 hours of classes each week
- All class materials
- Seminars with NMU faculty (Hospitality/Tourism and Art/Design)
- Meetings with local business owners (Hospitality/Tourism and Art/Design)
- Double occupancy in the NMU dormitories
- Cultural field trips
- Local transportation in Marquette, MI
- Social and community events
- Welcome picnic
- Lodging in Chicago hostel for 3 nights
- Sightseeing and transportation in Chicago
- Airport Transportation
- Health Insurance (does not provide 100% coverage)
**We recommend that students bring additional health insurance coverage from their home countries.
Sample Program Schedule
|9:00 - 11:00 a.m|| ESL classes with a focus on listening, speaking, reading
|11:00 a.m - 1:00 p.m.||Lunch|
|1:00 - 3:00 p.m.|| Classes in American Culture, Art & Design, or
Hospitality & Tourism
|3:00 - 5:00 p.m.||Seminars with NMU Faculty and community visits|
|Saturdays||Cultural Field Trips around the U.P.|
|Sundays||Explore Marquette "free" day|