Do you love Northern? Do you want to show other students all the ins and outs?
Then you should apply to be an Orientation Staff Assistant for the 2021 summer orientation season.
1. At least sophomore status (28 or more successfully completed credits) at the start of the dates of employment.
2. A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 at time of application.
3. Demonstrated involvement in campus life (as much as possible if you’re a new student).
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT:
May through Mid-July (eight weeks)
Hourly wage of $14.00 (approximately $3,000 total for the 8 weeks), plus room and board.
1. Be available to assist students, parents, and University personnel throughout the duration of each orientation session.
2. Be familiar with the general and specific goals of the Orientation Program
3. Be familiar with various University publications, academic offerings and available services in order to respond intelligently to questions about Northern Michigan University.
4. Assume general responsibility for the students assigned to your housing unit and/or group in each session. (Since we are virtual there will be no housing accommodations for orientation attendees this summer.)
5. Perform other responsibilities assigned by the Assistant Directors and/or Director of Orientation.
Reese Jeakle, Orientation Staff Assistant 2020
“My favorite thing about being part of orientation was being able to spend the summer in Marquette and creating new friendships with the rest of O-Staff!”
Courtney Stone, Orientation Staff Assistant 2020
“It was refreshing to work with so many new students. I loved being able to help incoming students with all of their Northern questions!”
Joe Sturm, Orientation Staff Assistant Summer 2019 and Winter 2020
“Working on the orientation staff allowed me to learn a great deal about myself; I became more confident, gained wonderful friends, and I was able to truly enjoy myself doing a job I absolutely loved.”