The mistem Network seeks to support and enhance teaching and learning in STEM. It is our mission to ensure a robust ecosystem that empowers teachers, creates a culture of STEM for all, and is based on the highest quality possible. To accomplish these things in the seven counties of the central Upper Peninsula, we work most directly with the ISDs, RESAs, Bay College, and NMU to reach all of our local schools.
If you have any questions or are looking for partnerships that might enhance your curriculum or provide professional learning for your educators, please contact Chris Standerford at firstname.lastname@example.org. The links below may also help you connect with local and state resources for STEM teaching and learning.
Central Upper Peninsula Intermediate School Districts, Regional Educational Service Agencies, and Higher Education
- Dickinson-Iron Intermediate School District – http://www.diisd.org/
- Delta-Schoolcraft Intermediate School District – http://www.dsisd.net/
- Marquette-Alger Regional Educational Service Agency – https://www.maresa.org/
- Menominee County Intermediate School District – https://www.mc-isd.org/
- NMU School of Education, Leadership, and Public Service – https://www.nmu.edu/education/
- Bay de Noc Community College - https://www.baycollege.edu/
Links to State Standards in STEM and Education Government Agencies & Resources
- Michigan Science Standards – https://www.michigan.gov/documents/mde/K-12_Science_Performance_Expectations_v5_496901_7.pdf
- Next Generation Science Standards – https://www.nextgenscience.org/
- Common Core Mathematics Standards – http://www.corestandards.org/Math/
- Competency Standards – https://www.michigan.gov/mde/0,4615,7-140-28753---,00.html
- Michigan Department of Education – https://www.michigan.gov/mde/
- Michigan’s Go Open Site (OER) - https://www.michigan.gov/mde/0,4615,7-140-28753_80670---,00.html