On-Campus and Online through NMU Global Campus
Prepares students to be competent in coordinating all phases of building construction including estimating, scheduling, writing contracts, purchasing materials and working with subcontractors and material suppliers to ensure the job gets done on time and within budget. Graduates may begin as project managers, field engineers, estimators, assistant project managers or superintendents. Students are strongly urged to meet with their adviser to select a minor that will support their career goals.
Global Campus students interested in the on-line program completion option must meet these additional admission requirements:
- Completion of supplemental application;
- Seven years of documented construction industry experience, (or equivalent);
- Three professional letters of recommendation;
- Satisfactory completion of prior learning assessment (see supplemental application for more information).
For department information or additional degree requirements, go to the Technology and Occupational Sciences, College of department page.
Bulletin Year: 2022 - 2023 Undergraduate Bulletin
For related information from the bureau of labor statistics, https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/construction-managers.htm
|Total Credits Required||120|
* Requires a "C" and a 2.25 GPA or better in all technical concentration courses.
** MA 115 is a prerequisite to CN 254 and will also count toward the general education requirement.
*** CN 252m is strongly encouraged for students who wish to pursue the 60 hours of pre-licensure training required to obtain a Michigan Builders License.
This major does not require a minor.