Hope Starts Here is a collaboration between NMU and UPHS to raise funds for Brain Tumor research done at NMU.
The 2021 Incredible Bank Hope Starts Here Challenge will once again be held as a virtual event.
This year's event will take place from anywhere you choose, anytime between May 8 and May 16. Participants will run/walk/bike their chosen event and have the option to submit their self-timed result through their run sign up account.
All participants that register by April 25 will be mailed their Hope Starts Here t-shirt (made by our friends at Yooper Shirts) before the start of the week long event.
Participants that register after April 25 will receive their t-shirt in the mail approximately 2-3 weeks after the event ends. There will be a $5 flat rate shipping fee per registration cart. Please note: There will be no "packet pick up" at Lakeview Arena this year.
Awards and medals will not be distributed this year, but we will have results posted online so our competitive runners and bikers can see where they've placed.
*We encourage all participants to share pictures and post inspiring messages on the event's Facebook page: https://fb.me/e/4qGWLlT3U
Thank you to our event sponsors:
- Title Sponsor: IncredibleBank
- Golden Sprocket Sponsors: UP Health System; Northern Michigan University; Patti's Angels
- Silver Running Shoe Sponsors: UP Rehab Services; Upper Peninsula Health Plan; Subway; TV6; Craig Coccia, MD; Sonia Geschwindt, MD; Paul LaHaye, MD
- Bronze Handle Bar Sponsors: Closner Construction; Advanced Center for Orthopedics and Plastic Surgery; Perform4Life; Norway Springs; Econo Foods; Great Lakes Radio, Inc; Superior Timing; Yooper Shirts; Velodrome Coffee Co; Mommaerts Mahaney Financial Services, Inc; The Mining Journal; Curtis Aho Photography; U.P. Rehab Medicine Associates
- Copper Challenge Sponsors: Just Believe; Casa Calabria; Superior Health Foundation; Marquette County Title; Vango's; Cary Gottlieb, MD