Students may use either the Graduate Bulletin current in the year in which they first enrolled at Northern Michigan University or a subsequent Graduate Bulletin in determining the requirements for graduation.  If the student chooses to change from the Graduate Bulletin year they were admitted under, they need to submit this request directly to the College of Graduate Studies & Research.

Students who do not complete degree requirements within seven years of the date of original registration at Northern Michigan University are required to have their program re-evaluated in terms of the bulletin in force during the year of graduation.

The provisions of this bulletin are not an irrevocable contract between the student and the university. The university reserves the right to change any provision or requirement at any time within the student's attendance.