Students who decide to leave the university without finishing the semester for which they are currently enrolled must complete a Notice of Withdrawal form at the Dean of Students Office. Following the proper withdrawal procedures ensures that the (1) maximum allowable proportion of fees due the student will be refunded, (2) appropriate grades will be recorded on the student’s transcript, and (3) individual’s records will be properly maintained in the event of future enrollment at NMU or transfer to another university or college.

Students who withdraw from the university after 5 p.m. at the end of the 10th week of classes will not receive “W” grades. They may receive “F” grades.

For complete withdrawal deadlines and policies, see