- Comply with the regular admission requirements of the College of Graduate Studies and Research, which includes an undergraduate grade point average of 3.0.
All Applicants must submit:
- Graduate admission application and fee.
- Official transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions.
- A written statement describing how your experience in work and other settings and your choice of graduate study in Public Administration will lead to achieving your career goals (1000-word maximum length).
- A minimum of two letters of recommendation from academic sources and/or employment supervisors. Please do not provide letters from friends, co-workers, or family.
Applicants must have a thesis adviser prior to admission. Applicants are strongly encouraged to communicate with the thesis adviser early in the application process. To identify the adviser, students should contact a faculty member and establish the willingness of that person to serve as the adviser, as indicated by a memorandum from the faculty member to that effect.
Application Due Dates
Master of Public Administration Curriculum
For department information or additional degree requirements, go to the Political Science department page.
Bulletin Year: 2022 - 2023 Graduate Bulletin
|Total Credits Required||34-36|
Graduates must meet the requirements of the College of Graduate Studies as outlined in the Graduate Bulletin in addition to the following:
- Complete the minimum number of credits for the degree
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA
- Successfully complete capstone project or thesis
Please note that students may be denied admission to courses, or they may be dismissed from a graduate program or internship/practicum if they demonstrate a lack of professional competence and effectiveness as a professional or fail to perform course work effectively. The departmental graduate review committee reviews the qualifications of all questionable students and may require them to undergo further examiniation to make a final determination regarding program completion.