Now accepting applications for one Graduate Office Assistant position.
There are other graduate assistant positions available on campus. Previous MBA students have served other departments. Check the College of Graduate Studies page for available graduate assistant positions in other departments.
Graduate Assistant Application deadlines:
Fall positions - July 1
Winter positions - November 15
Submit application, resume, cover letter and three letters of recommendation to be considered for an assistantship position. Send the application materials to:
Carol Johnson, Dean
College of Business
Northern Michigan University
1401 Presque Isle Avenue
Marquette, Michigan 49855
See position descriptions below:
Graduate Assistant – College of Business
Bi-weekly stipend during Fall and Winter semesters plus 8 credits of tuition per semester.
20 hours per week through the academic year.
Appointment Begin Date:
- Fall Semester: Begins the Wednesday prior to the first day of classes.
- Winter Semester: Begins the first day of classes.
Appointment End Date:
- Fall Semester: Ends the Tuesday after December graduation.
- Winter Semester: Ends the Tuesday after May graduation.
Graduate Assistants are not permitted to work on campus outside of this appointment.
From the Dean of the College of Business and staff.
- Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree with outstanding academic record.
- Discipline/Degree Area: Admittance into the MBA Program with an above average GMAT score.
- Must maintain enrollment in a minimum of 6.0 graduate credits per semester during employment period, and maintain an overall GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Experience with leadership programs and activities.
- Above average English communication skills – quality writing, verbal, and listening skills.
- Maintain a professional manner on and off campus.
- Ability to uphold strict confidentiality guidelines.
Additional Desired Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Attributes:
- Experience as a member of an undergraduate student organization.
- Experience organizing major projects and events.
- Willingness to lead, offer opinions and direction.
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access).
- Basic experience with Adobe Photoshop.
- Self-starter, willing to work independently.
- Fluent in languages other than English.
- Social media and basic design skills are desirable. Video editing skills may also be helpful.
Basic Functions and Responsibility:
The Graduate Student Assistant will be assigned responsibility in project areas listed below.
- Assist in promotional efforts and growth of the MBA program through recruitment and retention efforts.
- Assist and coordinate College of Business functions and programs for alumni, faculty, staff and students.
- Assist in creating and updating the College of Business digital and print media.
- Conduct and assist faculty with research, proctoring Educational Testing Service (ETS) exams, etc.
- Maintain spreadsheets and databases.
- Maintain and update the College of Business website.
- Serve as a liaison between the Dean's office and the Dean's Student Advisory Council.
- Other duties as assigned.