The NMU School of Nursing requires that you receive certification by the American Heart Association (AHA) in the Heartcode BLS (Basic Life Support) Provider course. No other training will be accepted. You must upload a copy of your card to your Castlebranch.com account. Certification must be renewed every two years and your new card must be uploaded to Castlebranch.com.
CPR courses offered at NMU are listed below (see the NMU School of Health and Human Performance website for the most current courses), but you may receive training at any location providing training approved by the American Heart Association for the Heartcode BLS course.
American Heart Association
The Basic Life Support (BLS) course is available in two different training methods – blended learning and classroom training. All BLS course options teach the same AHA science-based skills and result in the same AHA BLS Course Completion Card valid for two years. You can search the AHA website for location options for either training method.
Health and Human Performance at NMU
NOTE: You must register for all course offerings.
New certification classes (requires online American Heart Association education component FIRST (Part I), register and read all requirements):
Part II Hands-on Session Dates (choose one):
- Sunday, March 17, 2024 9:00-12:00pm
- Sunday, April 14, 2024 12:00-3:00pm
Renewal ONLY class (must not be expired or be within 30 days of expiration):
- Saturday, March 16, 2024 9:00am-12:00pm
- Saturday, April 13, 2024 9:00am-12:00pm
**NOTE: Visit the NMU School of Health and Human Performance website for additional information/dates and to register.
HeartCode BLS through EMS at UPHS INFO
This course comes in two parts, as follows:
- An online AHA Heartcode BLS course. After completing the online course, reach out to Curtis Lesage to schedule an in person skills session Bring a copy of the online course completion certificate to the skills exam OR email it prior to the skills course. Call or Email Curt to set up a time for the in-person skills exam.
- Most times will be scheduled for Thursday, 11am. Other times can be arranged by calling when the online session is completed.
- Location: on the grounds of UPHS MQT hospital but not IN the hospital. Across the hospital access road from the Patient Parking Ramp. It is a large gray building with a blue roof, directly behind the Staybridge Suites.