Emergency Response Notification Guidelines - Northern Michigan University
Emergency Response Notification Guidelines
This NMU Web page will report any possible emergency situations taking place on campus. If you want to know if NMU knows about or is investigating a possible emergency situation, come to this page.
Staff, Faculty and Students.
If an emergency situation is taking place, you will be informed here as to what procedures you should take.
Information regarding emergency situations will also be available at:
- NMU's home page (www.nmu.edu)
- NMU Public Safety and Police Services home page (http://www.nmu.edu)
- Your NMU e-mail address
- NMU text alerts (sign up info.)
- The electronic display boards in several NMU facilities
- NMU phones in the vicinity of an emergency will receive a broadcast voice-mail message with procedures to take, if action is needed by campus community members.
- In some situations, area media outlets will be notified to make announcements on NMU's behalf.
If you know of a possible or definite emergency situation that is not being reported on this page, contact NMU Public Safety and Police Services immediately by dialing 911 or . You will be asked to provide your name and location as well as a description of the emergency situation to the extent that you know it.
Remember that falsely reporting a crime or emergency is breaking the law. NMU Public Safety and Police Services will prosecute falsely reported crimes and emergencies to their fullest extent.
|Oversight Unit:||PUBLIC SAFETY AND POLICE SERVICES|