NMU Golf Course is well known for its naturally northern location just off the beautiful shores of Lake Superior. The total measurement of the par 72 course is more than 6,800 yards. The picturesque, championship-designed course contains water hazards, rolling terrain and beautiful wooded areas. The course also offers many amenities, including power and pull carts, club rentals, a golf shop and driving range.
Marquette, Mich., located in the beautiful Upper Peninsula along Lake Superior, is home to Northern Michigan University and the NMU Golf Course. The area experiences incredible summer weather most years – moderate temperatures, low humidity, limited rain and long days that end in spectacular sunsets after 9 p.m.
The average Marquette summer temperatures range from a low of 53F/12C to a high of 76F/25C. Day temperatures are pleasant, but evenings are cooler, so a light jacket often comes in handy when you will be outdoors.
WE ARE ALWAYS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC.
Warm up for a round or perfect your technique at the NMU Golf Course's extensive practice facilities.
We feature an expansive driving range area with a large teeing ground and plenty of room, a short game practice area complete with a practice bunker and an additional separate putting green where players can attempt a variety of shots from different mounds, lengths and breaks, which offers yet another option for fine tuning your golf game.
The cost to use the driving range is $8 for a large bucket of balls, $5 for a small bucket.
We also offer seasonal memberships for seasonal use of the driving range.
Summer hours of operation for our practice facility is 8 a.m. to 1 hour before dusk.
To reach the NMU Golf Course, travel east on U.S. 41 from downtown Marquette then take state highway M-28 East at the light in Chocolay Township. You will travel about nine miles along majestic Lake Superior from downtown Marquette to the course. Turn south -- a right-hand turn coming from Marquette -- on Chocolay Downs Drive and follow the winding road until you reach the main parking area and the NMU Golf Shop. If you have questions, call 906-227-3111.
- June 24, Jerry Rudden, Hole 14
- July 17, Emmett Smith, Hole 12
- August 16, Len Ryerse, Hole 14
- October 30, Mary Burtch, Hole 3
- June 22, Mike Kuzak, Hole 3
- July 20, John Dott, Hole 14
- September 18, Billy Jenkins, Hole 12
- May 29, Nick Sigan, Hole 14
- June 13, Jack Tripp, Hole 3
- August 1, John Bowman, Hole 14
- September 15, Billy Jenkins, Hole 14
- July 17, Steve Adams, Hole 3
- July 2, John Larson, Hole 3
- July 4, Bill LaFountain, Hole 5
- Aug. 10, Bob Fleury, Hole 3
- Aug. 14, Steve Adams, Hole 14
- Aug. 28, Jerry Drazkowski, Hole 5
- Oct. 17, Gordon Uren, Hole 5
- May 15, Andrew Ingram, Hole 14
- May 16, Ted Stoke, Hole 3
- May 19, Tyler Hanson, Hole 5
- May 24, John Daugherty, Hole 12
- Aug. 9, Pat Black, Hole 5
- Sept. 8, Billy Jenkins, Hole 3
- Sept. 15, Mary Crampton, Hole 3
- April 25, Jerry Drazkowski, Hole 3
- May 30, Arnold (Gino) Decknadel; Hole 3
- June 26, Brandon Schon; Hole 3
- July 10, Rudy Jensen; Hole 3
- July 26, Brian Mahoney; Hole 14
- Aug. 3, John Frick; Hole 5
- Aug. 13, Ed Giesen; Hole 3
- Aug. 23, Thomas A. Murray; Hole 12
- Aug. 24, Joanne Roy; Hole 3
- Sept. 4, Bill Ombrello; Hole 5
- Sept. 16, Gretchen Hafeman; Hole 3
- May 31, Don Stiles, Hole 3 - 105 yards, used a 9 iron, score for the round was 44. It was his first hole-in-one.
- July 7, Gerry Brohn, Hole 3 - 108 yards, used a 9 iron, score for the round was 91. It was his first hole-in-one.
- July 21, Daphne Greenwood, Hole 3 - 85 yards, used an 8 iron.
- Aug. 8, Wally Alexander, Hole 14 - 112 yards, used a 7 iron.
- Sept. 25, Cameron Howes, Hole 14 - 112 yards, used a 9 iron.