We process all classes of USPS mail, send parcels out through the USPS, United Parcel Service (UPS), and FedEx and provide an intra campus mail service. We can apply postage to non-personal outgoing mail and process international mail. Charges for services may be made to your departmental account number.
Our service-oriented staff:
- Collects and delivers campus mail to all university departments on a daily basis.
- Process all classes of USPS mail, including:
- First Class, Priority, Second-class, Standard Rate, Library Rate, International Mail
- Provides all USPS special services, including:
- Certified, Insured, Registered, Express and Priority
- Offers service via United Parcel Service (UPS), including:
- Next Day Air, Ground, Second and Third day service levels
Shipping and Receiving
In addition to processing all inbound and outbound packages and mail, we also:
- Receive and deliver LTL freight for the university
- Recycle toner/ink cartridges, e-waste electronics, bulbs, batteries, etc.
- Relocate or process surplus assets for the university
- Handle most intracampus moves
- At a department’s request, we are available to assist in moving offices or furniture to other locations.
- Advance notification is required for scheduling
- All moves within the same building should be handled by building attendant(s)
NMU is listing surplus asset items for auction on the Public Surplus website. Initially, items will be listed for 14 days internally for NMU departments to claim, free-of-charge, for university-use only. After this period, the items will be made available to the public for anyone to bid on. Bidding instructions and terms & conditions can be viewed on the website.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE - internal departmental use only, not for personal purchases:
- Click this link to open in a browser:
- The case sensitive registration code is for NMU use only and should not be provided to anyone who is not currently employed by NMU. Please email Dan Lynch in the Purchasing Department at email address firstname.lastname@example.org for the case sensitive registration code to access the internal use items.
- Once registered, your department will be given a link to the auction site.
- Even though it is listed as an internal “auction," there will be no cost if claimed by your department for university purposes.
- Surplus items will be posted as they become available, so we recommend departments check the site weekly to see what new items are listed.
- If there is an item that your department can use, you can claim the piece by entering “submit” in the “Bid on Item” column. You do not have to call.
We will contact you shortly thereafter to make arrangements for delivery or pick up. Departments are strongly encouraged to view surplus items prior to claiming and delivery. For questions please call 227-2749 or e-mail email@example.com