More than 400,000 people die from tobacco use annually, making the use of tobacco the most preventable cause of death and disease in our society. NMU encourages those who wish to quit smoking by providing many different resources for students, faculty and staff.
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield offers a smoking cessation program that encourages members to discontinue tobacco use and guides them through the smoking cessation process.
- Marquette County Health Department
- Michigan Tobacco Quit Line 1-800-QUIT-NOW (784-8669): The Quit Line offers a personal health coach and participant toolkits
- Marquette County Health Department Health Smoking Cessation Educator: $40/hour for three one-hour classes per week or one class for two hours.
- YMCA Smoking Cessation Classes: $50 for non-member; $25 for members
- Smoke free.gov
- Tobacco Quit Kit (Michigan.gov)
- Center for Disease Control (Tobacco and smoking page)
- American Cancer Society
- American Lung Association
- Pacific Medical Training "Tobacco Resources Online Fact Sheet"