Join us for Wildcat Weekend!
Wildcat Weekend is back on... and it will be in person!
Save the Date: October 15-16, 2021
Explore beautiful Marquette, tour campus, see residence hall rooms and eat in The Northern Lights Dining Hall. Learn about your academic interest and student life from faculty and students. Plus, you'll get to chat with your admissions counselor.
It's an open house experience you won't want to miss. Let the adventure begin!
Registration details coming soon...
Sample Wildcat Weekend Schedule
Check-In (Northern Center, Main Entrance/Lobby)
Friday: 1:00 - 4:30 p.m. or
Saturday: 7:45 - 8:30 a.m.
Welcome Sessions/Student Panels
Friday: 4:30 - 5:30 p.m. or
Saturday: 8:30 - 9:40 a.m.
Walking Campus Tours (tours last 1 hour)
Friday: 1:30 or 3:00 p.m. or
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Walking tours leave every 15 minutes on Saturday
Academic Showcase Sessions
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Marquette County Convention and Visitor's Bureau
337 W. Washington St.
Marquette, MI 49855
Official website of Marquette County, Mich.; Chamber of Commerce.
Great visitor information including area attractions, community calendar, restaurants and activity information.
Discover Marquette. Information on arts and culture, fishing, golfing, hiking and biking, waterfalls, skiing, and snowmobiling from the Marquette-area Convention and Visitor's Bureau
- Babycakes Muffin Company | A charming bakery/café serving decadent made-from-scratch meals and full espresso bar with organic fair-trade coffees and teas.
- Border Grill-Marquette | Authentic fresh Mexican grill, five homemade salsas and vegetarian items. Quick service.
- Casa Calabria | Pasta, pizza, steaks and more! Great dining experience in a festive Italian atmosphere.
- Donkers Restaurant | A fun, family-friendly restaurant serving delicious, made from scratch food, plus an old-time soda fountain and candy store.
- Elizabeth's Chop House | Certified steaks and fresh seafood in downtown Marquette.
- Iron Bay Restaurant and Drinkery | Creative comfort food paired with a historic dining experience in Marquette's Iron Bay Foundry building. The view is pretty nice too!
- Lagniappe Cajun Creole Eatery | Wonderful Cajun-Creole dining experience.
- The Portside Inn | A "True Marquette Original" for over 30 years. Casual pub-style atmosphere and famous breadsticks.
- Sol Azteca | Featuring all-time favorites, such as tacos and burritos and some house specialties such as chimichangas and fajitas. Located in Marquette's historic waterfront district.
- Vango's Pizza and Cocktail Lounge | Specializes in Greek cuisine, but offers a variety of food, including their famous waffle fries and "death by chocolate" cake.
- Vierling Restaurant & Marquette Harbor Brewery | Unique, historical, full-service restaurant and brewpub. Specializing in fresh Lake Superior Whitefish.
Gather more information from these departments around campus:
New Student Orientation
All first-year students are required to attend an orientation session. Stop by our table to learn how to register for orientation and what you can expect during your session. We want you to feel at home during your time at NMU and part of making Northern your home-away-from-home starts at orientation.
This office provides assistance for students who are qualified under the Americans with Disabilities Act to receive required accommodations. Typical services provided for eligible students include extended test time, quiet room testing, note-taking services, alternate text formats and assistive technology.
The Honors Program at NMU provides academically qualified students the opportunity to challenge themselves by taking honors-level classes, engaging in many out-of-class learning experiences with other honors program students and faculty, undertaking a senior capstone project, and earning an "honors" designation on their college transcripts.
First Year Experience (FYE)
NMU's First Year Experience program (FYE) is a learning community initiative that helps students develop strategies to maximize academic success, become familiar with campus resources, and cultivate positive relationships with faculty and other students. Through the FYE program, you will be assigned to a block of courses based on your intended academic major. When you attend orientation, you will work with an adviser to finalize your course schedule.
The following hotels may offer a special discount for Wildcat Weekend attendees.
Cedar Motor Inn
2523 US 41 West, Marquette
2463 US 41 West, Marquette
Country Inn & Suites
2472 US 41 West, Marquette
2403 US 41 West, Marquette
1951 US 41 West, Marquette
2383 US Highway 41 W., Marquette
412 West Washington Street, Marquette
230 North Front Street, Marquette
855 W. Washington Street, Marquette
Superior Stay Hotel
1301 N 3rd St, Marquette, MI 49855