In an emergency situation, where there is concern of immediate or imminent risk to yourself or others, take action.
Please call NMU Police Department at 906-227-2151, or go to the emergency room at UP Health System-Marquette, or call 911 immediately.
Emergency Resources include:
- NMU Police Department: (906) 227-2151
- UP Health System-Marquette
- Emergency Room: (906) 449-3560
- 850 W. Baraga, Marquette, MI
- Dial HELP crisis hotline is available 24/7 for free, confidential, non-judgmental crisis intervention and referral services:
- Call: (906) 482-4357
- Text:: (906) 356-3337
- Chat: dialhelp.org
- Pathways 24 Hour Crisis Line: 1 (888) 728-4929
NMU Counseling and Consultation Services: (906) 227 2980.
- 8 a.m. - 7 p.m., Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m - 5 p.m. on Friday
- Summer hours in accordance with the University Schedule.
- Emergency sessions are available daily for crisis situations.
REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT
- Request an Appointment at NMU's Counseling and Consultation Services
- In order to be able to submit an appointment request, you will first need to be logged into NMU’s Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client (otherwise known as a VPN client). The Cisco/VPN client is installed on all NMU computers (Windows & Mac). Type “Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client” into the search bar in the lower left hand corner of your computer. After logging onto the VPN client with your NMU ID and password, you are assigned an IP address associated with NMU.
- If using a personal computer you will need to download the software from the links below:
- Windows Links for Cisco/VPN - VPN Client Download for Windows: http://it.nmu.edu/downloads/cisco-anyconnect-vpn-client-windows Starting the VPN Client on Windows: https://it.nmu.edu/docs/starting-cisco-anyconnect-vpn-client-windows
- Mac Links for Cisco/VPN VPN Client Download for Mac: https://it.nmu.edu/downloads/cisco-anyconnect-vpn-client-mac Starting the VPN Client on Mac: https://it.nmu.edu/docs/install-cisco-anyconnect-vpn-client-mac
- Once you are logged onto Cisco/VPN, please click on the following link so that you can access paperwork through our online portal: https://tiweb.nmu.edu/TitaniumWeb/. After clicking this link, you will see a screen that has different buttons (options).
- Same day appointment (Emotional Crisis Consultation) -choose this to schedule for a same day appointment (if you request a different day your appointment request will not be approved and you will need to come back on that date to request a Same Day Appointment.
Schedule A Phone Screen – choose this option to schedule a phone screen with a counselor for ongoing therapy appointments if you are deemed appropriate for the services offered.
If you do not see times listed for appointments PLEASE CALL (906) 227-2980 for further assistance, do not fill out paperwork. Unsolicited paperwork will be discarded.
If you have questions prior to your appointment or need to cancel an appointment request, please call our main line at 906-227-2980. REMINDER: IF NMU cancels or closes due to inclement weather our office is closed as well. Appointments will be rescheduled for the same day and time the following week.
Counseling and Consultation is located inside the WellBeing Center, which is located near The Woods residential area and Northern Lights Dining Facility. Parking is available off of Lincoln Avenue (see the campus map). The office is open Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Call (906) 227-2980 to schedule an appointment.
To learn more about services offered, how we can help you, and what you may expect as a client, visit our CCS Guide to Services page.
If you are a member of the university community who is concerned about a student, Referral Guidance will help inform you in making a referral or getting a consultation.
If you would prefer to establish care with a health provider off-campus, please see our provider list below:
There are a number of resources throughout this site for common stuggles that college students face. Sometimes it is difficult to know what to do when faced with tough situations, or how to cope with things. Find easily accessible information here to help with anything that may come up: