In an emergency situation, where there is concern of immediate or imminent risk to yourself or others, take action.
Please call NMU Police Department at 906-227-2151, or go to the emergency room at UP Health System-Marquette, or call 911 immediately.
Emergency Resources include:
- NMU Police Department: (906) 227-2151
- UP Health System-Marquette
- Emergency Room: (906) 449-3560
- 850 W. Baraga, Marquette, MI
- Dial HELP crisis hotline is available 24/7 for free, confidential, non-judgmental crisis intervention and referral services:
- Call: (906) 482-4357
- Text:: (906) 356-3337
- Chat: dialhelp.org
- Pathways 24 Hour Crisis Line: 1 (888) 728-4929
- NMU Counseling and Consultation Services: (906) 227 2980.
- 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Summer hours in accordance with the University Schedule.
- Emergency sessions are available daily for crisis situations.
Counseling and Consultation Services is located in 3405 Hedgcock on the second floor (opposite side from Melted). The office is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Call (906) 227-2980 to schedule an appointment.
To learn more about services offered, how we can help you, and what you may expect as a client, visit our CCS Guide to Services page.
If you are a member of the university community who is concerned about a student, Referral Guidance will help inform you in making a referral or getting a consultation.
If you would prefer to establish care with a health provider off-campus, please see our provider list below:
There are a number of resources throughout this site for common stuggles that college students face. Sometimes it is difficult to know what to do when faced with tough situations, or how to cope with things. Find easily accessible information here to help with anything that may come up: