Investing in Innovation: The vision and courage to lead transformational change.
Strategic Focus Areas:
- Academic Excellence
- Student Retention and Success
- Domestic and Global Outreach and Engagement
- Investment and Innovation
- Equity in systems and processes
- Mind and body wellness
- Enhancing prestige and distinction – in ways that ensure we are known for our teaching, experiential learning, scholarship, mentoring and service.
- Establishing new and responsive approaches – for programs, services, technology and our ways of operating.
- Expanded partnerships – with alumni, friends, communities, businesses, government agencies, schools, colleges and universities, in and across academic disciplines and with people here and around the world.
- Growing and managing enrollment – strengthening our on-campus student body while increasing efforts regarding new student populations such as online, off-campus, underrepresented, international and nontraditional.
- Leading the rural agenda – by discovering the ways that rural and urban environments are similar and dissimilar, developing creative ways to support rural economies, communities and people, and actively addressing the rural issues.
- Supporting carbon neutrality – by establishing sustainability as a priority for decisions and actions taken by the University.
Post-Pandemic Phase 1 New Strategic Initiatives
The six post-pandemic Phase 1 strategic initiatives are a series of engaging proposals that will add another layer of success to the "Investing in innovation" strategic plan. These initiatives have emerged from the SRA project, new campus master plan, and Big Idea campaign. They represent ongoing strategic discussions.
Addressing Current Issues
Elevating the Student Experience
Strategic Planning Materials:
- Board Investment 2020 Implementation Plans.pdf - approved by NMU Board of Trustees, December 2019
- Strategic Resource Allocation (SRA) Project website - where all documents related to the SRA process reside
- Strategic Plan - Investing in Innovation.pdf
- Strategic Planning and Budgeting Advisory Committee - including charter, members, meeting schedule, minutes and materials
- Strategic Implementation Goals and Plan - February 2017 - web version -- Strategic Plan - Final Implementation Plan.pdf
- Preliminary Strategic Implementation Goals - December 2015- web version -- Strategic Plan - Preliminary Goals and Implementation.pdf
- Fall 2019 - What you can do to help recruiting efforts - Opportunities to Engage in Recruitment Nov.pdf
- Fall 2017 - What you can do to help retention efforts - Opportunities To Engage In Retention.pdf
- Other strategic planning-related materials: