View the Action Plan Dashboard and recent news related to the Interim Strategic Plan
Northern Michigan University’s distinctive academic and career programs are nurtured by exceptional teaching and extensive opportunities for scholarship, creativity and engagement. Our supportive, connected community empowers students, graduates, faculty and staff to contribute to a diverse and sustainable world.
Northern Michigan University promotes an active environment to foster strong minds and bodies, inspires innovation and inclusion through community engagement, and develops leaders capable of local and global impact.
The Institutional Effectiveness office thanks the following for their essential contributions to this plan:
- AAUP, NMUFA, and all faculty members who contributed
- Engagement Session Participants
- Engagement Session Student Facilitators
- Executive Committee
- Focus Area Steering Committees
- Leadership Committee
- NMU Board of Trustees
- President's Office
- University Marketing and Communications
- And the many others who contributed throughout the process!