College of Health Sciences and Professional Studies Internal Grants Program for Scholarship

In addition to College of Health Sciences and Professional Studies grants, faculty may work with the grants and research office.

The Research and Development Office within the College of Graduate Studies is responsible for oversight of all grants and research conducted by employees and students at Northern Michigan University. The dean serves as the institutional research officer for the university. Research and Development administers internal grants and oversees external grants awarded to faculty, staff and students.

Within this context, two committees serve with oversight responsibilities for the protection of human or non-human subjects used in research. The Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee oversees care and use protocols for animals. The Human Subjects Research Review Committee oversees protocols involving the use of human subjects in research.

External grants which university faculty, staff or students apply for must be reviewed by this office prior to submission.

For  more information, contact the NMU Grants and Contracts Office, e-mail, call 906-227-2440 or fax 906-227-2315.