Northern Michigan University is a member in good standing of the Association for Advancing Quality in Educator Preparation (AAQEP). Northern Michigan University is working toward accreditation of its educator preparation programs under the AAQEP standards with an anticipated Quality Assurance Review in spring. The program at Northern Michigan University meets all expectations and requirements as an accredited institution to develop educators and to recommend those educators for licensure.
Impact on P-12 learning, teaching effectiveness, satisfaction of employers, and completers:
Narrative addressing our annual reporting measures and how our program is addressing areas of weakness identified in our most recent site visit.
- NMU 2020 Michigan Dept of Education EPIPS Score Report
- NMU 2020 Teacher Candidate and Supervisor Satisfaction Surveys
- NMU 2021 Michigan Dept of Education EPIPS Score Report
- NMU 2021 Teacher Candidate and Supervisor Satisfaction Surveys
Evidence provided by the Michigan Dept of Education (MDE) for the Educator Preparation Institution (EPI) Performance Score measuring NMU’s performance relative to three goals aligned to the Michigan Interstate Teacher Assessment and Support Consortium Standards (MI-InTASC): 1) Effective classroom teaching through demonstration of content knowledge and methods/pedagogy; 2) Continuous improvement pursuant to MDE priorities; and support of 3) Educator effectiveness ratings.
Licensure Exam Outcomes
Hiring Survey Results
- NMU 2020 Ability to be Employed Survey Results
- NMU 2020 Completer Employment Placement
- NMU 2021 Ability to be Employed Survey Results
- NMU 2021 Completer Employment Placement
Student Loan Default Rates
The Cohort Default Rate at Northern Michigan University for the 2021 Cohort is 9.3% and the 2016 Cohort rate is 8.5% percent.