The following information is made available to assist educators looking to substitute teach in the Marquette-Alger School District area. All NMU education majors are encouraged to obtain a sub permit before student teaching.
To obtain a substitute teaching permit, contact your local intermediate school district or Regional Education Service Agency to obtain the necessary forms.
For more information, go to email@example.com.
Mandatory misdemeanor disclosure information
PUBLIC ACT 97 OF THE PUBLIC ACTS OF 1995
MISDEMEANORS REQUIRED TO BE REPORTED
In addition to reporting all felony convictions, Public Act 97 of the Public Acts of 1995 requires that school districts report to the Michigan Department of Education, Office of Professional Preparation and Certification Services, any teachers, administrators, school counselors, school psychologists, school social workers and school nurses certificated or approved by the State Board of Education and convicted of the following misdemeanors:
- Criminal sexual conduct in the fourth degree
- Attempt to commit criminal sexual conduct in the fourth degree
- Child abuse in the third or fourth degree
- Attempt to commit child abuse in the third or fourth degree
- Cruelty, torture, or indecent exposure involving a child
- Delivery of a narcotic to a minor or student or within 1,000 feet of school property
- Breaking and entering
- Knowingly allowing a minor to consume or possess alcohol or a controlled substance at a social gathering
- Accosting, enticing, or soliciting a child for an immoral purpose
- Larceny from a vacant dwelling
- Assault; assault and battery
- Assault; infliction of serious injury
- Selling or furnishing alcoholic liquor to a person less than 21 years of age
MICHIGAN DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
Office of Professional Preparation and Certification Services