Our primary purpose is to provide the community with a health care opportunity that specializes in the evaluation and primary treatment of sport and physical activity related injuries. In Partnership with NMU Athletic Training Program and U.P. Rehab Services. To schedule appointment, call 227-2174 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. View us on Facebook.
The IECC will be taking the necessary precautions to keep our patients and staff safe:
- All appointments must be made either by telephone (906-227-2174) or by email (email@example.com). No walk-in appointments will be taken until further notice.
- All patients will be asked to complete a COVID-19 symptom self-check and a temperature screening upon entering the clinic.
- Face masks must be worn by all patients during clinic visits.
- Patients should CANCEL appointments if they are feeling ill.
- Appointments will be limited to 45 minute sessions to ensure adequate cleaning between patients.
Fall 2021 Schedule-August 23 - December 4, 2021*
Mondays: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tuesdays: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Wednesdays: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Thursdays: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Fridays: 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
*The clinic is closed when classes are not in session due to cancellations or scheduled academic breaks.
To request an appointment email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 227-2174.
The clinic is located in suite 226 of the Physical Education Instructional Facility (PEIF), which is found between the Superior Dome and the Berry Events Center at the corner of Fair and Presque Isle Avenues.
Phone: (906) 227-2174.
What We Treat
- Just about anything that is musculoskeletal in nature
- Pre & post orthopedic surgery cases (ACL reconstruction, joint replacement, arthroscopy, etc.)
What We Don't Treat
- Surgical complications
- Long-term rehabilitation
- Chronic disease and illness
- Primary injury treatment & evaluation
- Injury rehabilitation (including orthopedic post-surgical rehab)
- Home exercise care plans
- Athletic taping and bracing
- Information on physician care and outpatient physical rehabilitation services related to sport injury effective for presenting to primary care physician upon referral.
- Full-time Students: $10 for initial visit, $5 for returning visit. Must have current, valid NMU ID.
- NMU full-time faculty, staff, and family members with NMU health insurance: No out of pocket expense.
- NMU Adjunct Instructors: $50 initial visit, $25 for return visits. Cash or check only.
- NMU Alumni Association Members: $50 initial visit, $25 for return visits. Cash or check only.
- Community: $50 initial visit, $25 for return visits. Cash or check only.
- Clinic Supervisor - Julie Rochester, Ed.D., Northern Michigan University Professor, ATC, (Athletic Trainer Certified)
- Clinic Staff - Nicole Coleman, U.P. Rehab Services, MS, ATC, Katie Pryor, ATC; Brett Fox, ATC
- Dr. Chris Kirkpatrick, M.D., NMU Health Center