Some of the advantages enjoyed by NMU students in the School of Health and Human Performance include relatively small class sizes, access to some of the finest facilities and equipment available, and the opportunity to participate in a wide variety of internships and work experiences.
Traditionally, the department has developed opportunities for students to obtain experiences such as course and program assistants, conference participation, teaching, group leaders, internships, and workshop presentations.
Students graduating from NMU’s Health and Human Performance programs have found placements in a wide variety of occupations across the United States and, in fact, worldwide. In addition to teaching positions in physical education and health education, students have been successful as certified athletic trainers, outdoor recreation specialists and sports medicine professionals. Many have continued their studies at the graduate level.
Job Opportunities for Students:
- AmeriCorps (health/nutrition)
- Allen Neighborhood Center/Hunter Park GardenHouse Educational Programs Coordinator
- Mackinac State Historic Parks/Naturalist/Adventure Tour Guide - position description - flyer
- Outdoor Recreation - Clear Lake Education Center
- 4-H Summer Camp Counselor