Let's TaLK! Are you ready for a fresh challenge? Get ready to make a positive, meaningful impact on international education while exploring the rich culture of Korea!
Teach and Learn in Korea (TaLK) is a Korean government-sponsored teaching and service-learning scholarship program that enhances public English education in rural schools. NMU is an "MOU" university - which gives you preferred status when you apply through the NMU International Programs Office.
The TaLK program is either six months or one year long, starting every February and August.
Who is eligible?
- Bachelor's degree candidates who have completed at least 2 years of undergraduate study
- Associate degree recipients
- Recent 4-year college graduates and graduate students
Why should I TaLK?
- Offer an invaluable service to a rural community
- Learn about the history and culture of Korea
- Explore opportunities for your future career
- Discover your skills and talents
- Build life-long international networks
What are the duties?
- Teach English as a second language for 15 hours a week in the after-school program of a rural elementary school
- Design lesson plans and create teaching materials
- Assist with activities related to English language education
What are the benefits?
- Round-trip airfare
- Health Insurance
- One-month training to develop teaching skills
- Vacation leave
- Opportunities for cultural experiences
- Government scholarship certificate
- Monthly stipend