The travel signature is on the second or back page of your I-20 or in the lower right corner of your DS-2019.

The travel signature can be no more than ONE year old to re-enter the U.S., but we recommend getting a travel signature each time that you plan to travel outside of the U.S. 

To get an updated travel signature, you must be enrolled for the next academic semester and your SEVIS record must be in Active Status. 

  • If you meet these requirements, bring your I-20 or DS-2019 to the International Programs Office to be signed. 
  • If no one is available to sign your document, you may leave it at the front desk. You will receive an email when your document has been signed and is ready for pick-up. 

If you forget to have your document signed before you leave, or if you forget your I-20 in the U.S., it is possible to have a new document shipped to you at your expense. You will need to contact the IPO at to request a new I-20 or DS-2019.