To establish policy pertaining to the use of SHARE, the non-course collaboration site for faculty, staff, and students. The University is committed to providing a place where students, faculty and staff can collaborate i.e., share documents, engage in discussion and exchange information about topics associated with university functions. This place is called SHARE.
All faculty, staff, and students
Use of SHARE will be permitted according to the following guidelines:
• Any current faculty, staff or student can request a SHARE group.
• Groups may contain users from outside the university.
• Requests for groups that are outside of this policy must specify how the group relates to the university. These requests will be reviewed and approved by the Course Technology Alliance (a collaborative team including representation from Academic Information Services, Learning Resources Division, and Information Services).
• SHARE users agree to abide by the University’s Acceptable Use Policy: http://share.nmu.edu/aup
• SHARE may not be used to conduct any political campaign activities.
• Groups that are requested and created but never utilized will be deleted after three months.
• Groups that have had more than one year of inactivity will be deleted.
SHARE , Procedure
Use of SHARE:
1. Any current NMU faculty, staff or student activity group can request a SHARE group. Requests to create a group are made by completing the ‘Request Group’ form found at: http://share.nmu.edu. Groups are typically created within three business days from initial request.
2. A group created for an open discussion does not need a group administrator.
3. Groups that are created for anything other than open discussion require a group administrator. The administrator acts as the group leader and agrees to:
a. Format the web site by setting up the group outline and activities.
b. Assist group participants in use of the system.
c. Enroll group participants.
d. Monitor group participation for violations of NMU policies, including Acceptable Use.
4. A group administrator must be a current NMU faculty, staff or student.
5. Group administrators will be notified by email once the group is created. The email will contain links to training videos for using SHARE.
6. When a group administrator leaves the university, the department head or group advisor can authorize a new administrator and should send an email to email@example.com naming the new group administrator.
7. Groups may contain users from outside the university. Requests for users outside the university should be made by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and should contain the user’s first and last name and their email address. Outside users will be assigned a password, which will be communicated to them in an email. Upon initial login they will be prompted to change their password. Outside users will not have access to other functions within NMU’s network that are not normally open to public access.
8. NMU users log in with their NMU userid and password, outside users log in with their email address and password.
9. SHARE users agree to abide by the University’s Acceptable Use Policy: http://share.nmu.edu/aup
10. SHARE is supported by the Information Services Department, 906-227-2410.
|Oversight Unit:||BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE/INFO SRV|