Total Headcount: 7,595
- Undergraduate: 7,089; Graduate: 506
- Men: 43.3%; Women: 56.7%
- Full-time undergrad: 87.2%
- New transfer students: 488
- Students from out of state: 19.7%
*Data accurate as of fall 2018
- Full-time instructional faculty: 301
- Part-time instructional faculty: 212
- Student to faculty ratio: 20:1
- Total number of NMU Employees: 1,150
Many of NMU's instructors have earned national recognition for research, writing, art and consulting work.
Board of Trustees
Members of the board are appointed by the governor to serve staggered eight-year terms. NMU's president serves as ex officio without vote.
Fritz J. Erickson is NMU's 15th president.
Northern Michigan University has over 71,000 total living alumni.