Requesting Your ID Card Online
NMU Photo ID cards for incoming freshman students can now be requested online.
Using your smartphone is preferable as it will allow you to take a photo using your phone camera.
However, if you choose to use a desktop or laptop, you can upload a recent photo in .jpg format with a minimum pixel size of 600 px by 600 px. The maximum file size is 2MB.
Once uploaded, the Wildcat Express Center Office will review your photo, and you will be notified via your NMU email if it is accepted or rejected within 2-5 business days.
Review the photo guidelines before using the Submit Your ID Photo button below to upload your photo.
- Ensure your background is plain white or off-white (tip: you can use a towel, sheet or large white piece of paper as a backdrop).
- Ensure your lighting is bright and even.
- Your face must be clearly visible, centered and facing forward.
- Do not submit a senior portrait.
- Do not take your photo while laying down
- No hats, sunglasses, or accessories may be worn.
- All photos must clearly show your face. No masks.
- Your entire face must be visible – the photo must not cut off at the forehead or chin.
- Your eyes must be open and visible (wear prescription glasses if you normally do so).
- Photo must be in color.
- Do not use any filters (Snapchat, Instagram, etc.) or Photoshop.
- Photos should not include other people or animals – no group photos.
- No graduation caps, gowns, or costumes may be worn.
- Be sure to use your devices flash when taking your photo.
- To ensure you photo is not “Too Close”, please take your photo from at least an arms length from your body.
- Selfies are a bad idea when it comes to ID photos. Photos that are taken too close or too far away will be rejected.
- You can take as many photos as you’d like before hitting “submit.”
This photo is acceptable because the entire face is shown, facing forward, with eyes open and a white background.
This photo is unacceptable because hands are obstructing face, head is askew and background is not white.
This photo is unacceptable because the student is wearing a hat, body is positioned at an angle and background is not white.
Pick up your NMU I.D. card. ID Cards can be picked up at the Wildcat Express Center upon your arrival to Campus. You will be required to show an official picture ID (driver’s license, state ID, or a valid, unexpired passport) when you pick up your NMU I.D. card.
Can’t upload your photo in advance? The Wildcat Express Center is open regular business hours and you can get your NMU I.D. card created on-site.