Online Ordering - GET
Why did my GET Order Fail?
Meal Plan swipes are charged at the time the order is submitted to a merchant, which is typically 15-20 minutes before an orders due time.
If you order on Monday for Thursday, you will not be charged for the meal swipe until the order is submitted to the merchant on Thursday.
If you had already used up your weekly balance of x-change meals or depleted your Bronze, Spooner or DINE|NMU plan swipes before that order gets submitted to the merchant, the order will fail.
Orders not ordered ahead may still fail in similar fashion, as the meal plan swipe failure does not happen until your order is submitted to the merchant, which happens after checkout.
There are various reasons your GET Order may have failed.
- You are out of your weekly balance of X-Change Meals
- You attempted to place more than 2 X-Change Plan orders in 1 day. In person and GET orders count against the X-Change plan cap of 2 orders per day.
- You depleted your swipes available for Bronze, Spooner , or DINE|NMU plan swipes before the order was submitted to the merchant
If you feel your order FAILED in error, please forward your Failed Order email with your NMUIN and why you believe the failure was made in error to email@example.com
Why can I NOT submit a GET Order?
Error Message says "Oooops...... There was an issue with the transaction. You may have insufficient funds available"
There are 2 likely reason you are seeing this error.
- You do not have sufficient Meal Swipes, CatCa$h, CatCa$h Bonus or Dining Dollars available.
- GET will not let you submit an order if your Account Profile does not contain a phone number
- To check if this is the issue, proceed to the settings page in the GET APP by clicking on "Settings" in the lower right hand corner of the screen.
- Select "Email & Phone Number"
- If there is not a phone number entered you will need to enter one before you can submit orders on the APP. Enter your 10-digit North American phone number as follows (Area Code)+Phone Number.
If you do not have a phone or you have an international number, please contact the Wildcat Express Center @ 906-227-1686 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Can a guest order using GET?
Yes and No.
At this time guest are only able to order through the GET - Website.
Guests are only able to use a Credit Card for Payment.
Development is in progress on allowing guests to order through the GET APP
Split Tenders in GET | How to use remaining SVC (Dining Dollars, CatCa$h)
GET currently does not have the ability to split tenders. or use more than 1 funding source on an order for payment.
If you do not have enough Dining Dollars or CatCa$h to complete your transaction you will have to use a different tender.
Your Dining Dollars or CatCa$h are not un-spendable. They may still be used for in-person orders as the register system can accommodate split tenders.
What payment forms are accepted on the GET APP?
The GET APP accepts many different payment options ( CatCa$h, Dining Dollars, Meal Plans, Credit Cards)
Locations setup for X-Change menus (Wildcat Den X-Change & Fieras X-Change) accept
- X-Change Meal Plans
- Bronze Plan
- Spooner Plan
- DINE|NMU (Commuter Student, Staff & Faculty Meal Plans)
Locations setup with Full menus (Wildcat Den, Wildcat Den Coffee Bar, Fieras, Starbucks) accept
- CatCa$h Bonus
- Dining Dollars
- Credit Cards (American Express, Discover, Mastercard, VISA)
- Apple Pay
THE GET GO accepts
- Platinum Plan
- Gold Plan
- Silver Plan
- Bronze Plan
- Spooner Plan
- DINE|NMU (Commuter Student, Staff & Faculty Meal Plans)
CatCa$h Bonus | What is CatCa$h Bonus and where can I use it.
CatCa$h Bonus is a SVC plan that works in the same manner as CatCa$h.
Most recently Northern Michigan University rewarded individuals with CatCa$h for uploading their vaccination card to the NMU BRIDGE APP. These dollars were loaded to your Wildcat Card account on the CatCa$h Bonus Plan if you were a student.
CatCa$h Bonus can be used anywhere CatCa$h is accepted.
Employee CatCa$h | What is Employee CatCa$h and where can I use it.
Employee CatCa$h is a SVC plan that works in the same manner as CatCa$h.
Most recently Northern Michigan University rewarded individuals with CatCa$h for uploading their vaccination card to the NMU BRIDGE APP. These dollars were loaded to your Wildcat Card account on the Employee CatCa$h Plan if you are a student.
Employee CatCa$h can be used anywhere CatCa$h is accepted.
CatCa$h | How do I add more to my account?
You can add CatCa$h to your account in one of four ways:
- Online at get.cbord.com/nmu
- On your mobile device using the GET App
- In-person (CASH only) at the Wildcat Express Center. The Wildcat Express Center is located in Room 1227, on the first floor of the Northern Center. During the academic year, the Wildcat Express Center is open 8 am-5 pm Monday through Friday.
- In-person (CASH Only in Harden Hall through the Value Port cash machine located in front of the library circulation desk.
CatCa$h | How is it different from Dining Dollars?
Dining Dollars and CatCa$h function in a similar way, but have some important differences.
CatCa$h must be added by students to their ID card.
Dining Dollars are loaded as part of a residential meal plan.
Dining Dollars expires at the end of the winter semester while CatCa$h never expires.
Both are accepted at the following locations: Fieras, Cat Trax Convenience Store, Northern Lights Dining, the Wildcat Den, Wildcat Den Coffee Bar, Starbucks, Smoothie King, Temaki, Sundre and Melted. Additionally, CatCa$h can be used at Harden Hall for printing, copying, and other needs.
Dining Dollars | Where are the accepted?
Dining Dollars are accepted at all of the NMU Dining locations. These include: Fieras, CatTrax, Northern Lights Dining, The Wildcat Den, Starbucks, Wildcat Café, Smoothie King, Temaki, Melted and Sundre.
Dining Dollars come with all Residential Meal Plans allowing students to purchase meals at any of the NMU dining locations.
Residential Meal Plan Details
What are my meal plan options?
All students living in residence halls are required to participate in a residential meal plan.
Each plan includes Dining Dollars to purchase snacks and guest passes for others to use.
Freshmen are required to be on the Platinum, Gold or Silver constant plan which allows for unlimited meals per week.
After their Freshman year, students can remain on Platinum, Gold or Silver, or choose the Bronze meal plan.
Spooner residents can choose the Spooner meal plan.
The DINE|NMU commuter meal plans are an option for on-campus apartment residents, as well as any student, staff or faculty.
Where can I buy or change a meal plan?
Meal plans can be changed prior to the beginning of the semester with the Housing Office (227-2620). After the semester begins, changes to meal plans may be made for the first two weeks of the semester at the Wildcat Express Center, located on the first floor of the Northern Center.
Do I have to have a meal plan while living on campus?
Northern Michigan University requires those students living in residence halls to be on one of the meal plans: Platinum, Gold or Silver (unlimited meal per week) or Bronze (10 meals per week). Freshmen students must participate in the Platinum, Gold or Silver plan. Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors may select one of the other plans. Spooner Hall residents may also choose the Spooner Hall meal plan. If you have questions please contact NMU Dining’s Registered Dietitian at 906-227-6624 or email DiningRD@nmu.edu.
If you have further questions about your Room and Board Contract please contact Housing and Residence Life at email@example.com or call 906-227-2620.
Students living in the on campus apartments are not required to have any meal plan but if they would like one they can choose from all the residential meal plans and the DINE NMU plans that we offer. More information is available on the meal plan overview page.
DINE|NMU Employee and Student Meal Plan Details
Who can I talk to about my diet and food choices at NMU's dining locations?
X-Change Meal Plans (Swipes)
X-Changes | How are they Managed?
Regardless of which Plan you have for X-Changes (2, 4 or 6) swipes the following guidelines apply.
- The name of your X-Change Meal Plan contains a number which is equal to your weekly X-change Meal Plan balance.
- X-change Meal Plan usage is limited to 2 meals per day.
- X-change Meals are for use by the meal plan holder. Use your Guest Passes to make purchases for others
- X-Change Meal Plan balance resets weekly on Sunday mornings.
What are X-Change Menus? and where are they available
X-Change Menus are a collection of Menu Items that may be ordered as a combo.
X-Change Item will usually Include an Entree, Side Item and Beverage.
The X-Change (Combo) menus are available for in-person ordering at Wildcat Den and Fieras.
The X-Change (Combo) menus are also available for online ordering on the GET APP at Wildcat Den X-Change and Fieras X-Change merchants.
What payments are accepted for X-Change menu purchases?
X-Change menu purchases may only be made with a Campus Meal Plan.
The following meal plans may be used at locations with X-Change menus.
- X-Change Meal Plans (2,4,6) - In person and Online (GET APP)
- Guest Passes (4,6,8,10) - In person only
- DINE|NMU Commuter, Faculty & Staff Plans - In person and Online (GET APP)
- Bronze 10 - In person and Online (GET APP)
- Spooner Plan - In person and Online (GET APP)
Where can I open a new Flagstar college checking account?
Visit any Flagstar banking location including those located nearest to campus (shown below). Flagstar bankers will also be on campus during peak times throughout the school year.
- 1106 Northern Center | 906.226.0006
- 101 West Washington Street | 906.228.1425
- 1300 North Third Street | 906.228.1270
- 2025 US Hwy 41 West | 906.228.1323
What should I do if I lose my Wildcat Express Card or if it is stolen?
If your Wildcat Express Card is LOST or STOLEN, you should take steps to immediately secure its non-authorized use.
This can be done multiple ways.
- Visit the Wildcat Express Center in person. Room 1227 on the first floor of the Northern Center.
- Log onto the GET Mobile APP and proceed to the settings area and choose "Report card as lost"
- Log onto the GET Website and select "I lost my card"
If you find your card before replacing it, you can visit the GET APP or GET Website to "Report Card as Found"
Is Get only for ordering?
GET also provides the following information:
- Account Balance Information for all your Meal Plans as well as CatCa$h & Dining Dollars
- Ability to view your transaction history (Dining & Printing) whether your purchases were made in the GET APP or using your Card.
- You can mark your ID Card as lost, If you find it before replacing it you can mark your ID Card as Found
- The "Explore" section of GET also provides information on other Dining Services location.