CATCA$H is a program that allows students to use their Wildcat Express Student ID Card for certain student transactions. It is an accepted form of payment at all NMU dining locations and the library.

CatCa$h never expires.

You can add CatCa$h to your account in one of four ways:

  1. Online at
  2. On your mobile device using the GET App
  3. In-person at the Wildcat Express Center. The Wildcat Express Center is located in Room 1227, on the first floor of the Northern Center. During the academic year, the Wildcat Express Center is open 8 am-5 pm Monday through Friday.
  4. In-person in Harden Hall through the Value Port cash machine

It is refundable if you are graduating or leaving the University permanently. You must have $15 or more to be refunded.

Fieras, CatTrax, Starbucks, Wildcat Café, Smoothie King, Temaki, Melted, Sundre, Northern Lights Dining and the Wildcat Den

Dining Dollars and CatCa$h function in a similar way, but have some important differences.

CatCa$h must be added by students to their ID card. Dining Dollars expires at the end of the winter semester while CatCa$h never expires.

Both are accepted at the following locations: Fieras, Cat Trax Convenience Store, Northern Lights Dining, the Wildcat Den, Starbucks, Smoothie King, Temaki, Sundre and Melted. Additionally, CatCa$h can be used at Harden Hall for printing, copying, and other needs.

Dining Dollars

Dining Dollars are transferable from fall to winter semesters. However, students leaving at the end of fall semester will not be able to refund any balance.

Dining Dollars are accepted at all of the NMU Dining locations. These include: Fieras, CatTrax, Northern Lights Dining, The Wildcat Den, Starbucks, Wildcat Café, Smoothie King, Temaki, Melted and Sundre.

Dining Dollars come with all Residential Meal Plans allowing students to purchase meals with their balance at any of the NMU dining locations.

Meal Plan Details

All students living on campus are required to participate in a meal plan. Freshmen are required to be on the Platinum, Gold or Silver constant plan which allows for unlimited meals per week.  After their Freshman year, students can remain on Platinum, Gold or Silver, or choose the Bronze meal plan.  Spooner residents can choose the Spooner meal plan.  The DINE|NMU commuter meal plans are an option for on-campus apartment residents, as well as any student.

Meal plans can be changed prior to the beginning of the semester with the Housing Office (227-2620). After the semester begins, changes to meal plans may be made for the first two weeks of the semester at the Wildcat Express Center, located on the first floor of the Northern Center.

Upon entering Northern Lights Dining, your NMU I.D. card is swiped and you are allowed access.  If you leave the dining location, you must swipe your card again to eat.

For 2020-2021, Northern Michigan University requires those students living in residence halls to be on one of the meal plans: Platinum, Gold or Silver (unlimited meal per week) or Bronze (10 meals per week).  Freshmen students must participate in the Platinum, Gold or Silver plan. Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors may select one of the other plans. Spooner Hall residents may also choose the Spooner Hall meal plan.  If you have questions please contact NMU Dining’s Registered Dietitian at 906-227-6624 or email

If you have further questions about your Room and Board Contract please contact Housing and Residence Life at or call 906-227-2620.

Students living in the on campus apartments are not required to have any meal plan but if they would like one they can choose from all the residential meal plans and the DINE NMU plans that we offer. More information is available on the meal plans web page.

Never! The 60, 50, and 25 visit meal plans carry over each semester.

Students are not permitted to share their meal plan with anyone; lending another student their student I.D. can be cause for disciplinary action.

If part of your meal plan, guest passes are pre-loaded on your NMU I.D. card.  Upon entering Northern Lights Dining, let the Dining Services employee know that you would like to use a guest pass for your visitor’s meal.

Immediately notify the Wildcat Express office or log on to if your card is lost or stolen. Your NMU I.D. card can be replaced for a fee at the Wildcat Express Center in Room 1227 on the first floor of the Northern Center.

Download the GET app for easy access to all your account balances.  Search for it in your app store and select Northern Michigan University. Learn more here


NMU Dining has a registered dietitian on staff to serve the student population on campus.  Brett Peterson would be happy to talk to you about any dining questions you may have.

Nutrition and Allergies Information | | 906-227-6624


X-Changes are accepted at the Wildcat Den and can be used to purchase off the X-Change menu.  X-Changes are included in several meal plans, including Platinum (6), Gold (4), and Silver (2).  X-changes renew weekly.

X-changes are accepted at the Wildcat Den, which is located inside the Northern Center.

X-changes can be used to purchase from a special menu. X-changes renew weekly.

Other FAQs

Visit any Flagstar banking location including those located nearest to campus (shown below). Flagstar bankers will also be on campus during peak times throughout the school year.

  • 1106 Northern Center | 906.226.0006
  • 101 West Washington Street | 906.228.1425
  • 1300 North Third Street | 906.228.1270
  • 2025 US Hwy 41 West | 906.228.1323