Overview: NMU Dining Student Employment

NMU students can find meaningful opportunities at our 11 different dining locations and offices that can support your educational pursuits and lifestyle while also gaining critical professional and personal skills.

Positions are posted throughout the year, updated daily, for jobs in both the academic year and summer. Join the highly motivated team that is more than 700 students strong, and enjoy competitive pay, advancement opportunities and an easy commute.

Information for Current NMU Dining Employees

Current employees are encouraged to visit the NMU Student Employment website for information related to Dining employment.  Please note that NMU log-in credentials are required.

To view the 2020 Allergen Training, click here

Contact Us

(906) 227-2522
Office: 1104 Northern Center

Student employee

"Working for NMU Dining Services has created many opportunities for me at NMU and in the future. I always feel comfortable with the people I work with and important to the entire university. I'm glad I get to work somewhere so flexible, friendly and useful to my future."

Emily O'Leary

NMU Dining Student Employee

Frequently Asked Questions

Click the button above to view available positions and apply online.

Prior experience is great, but not necessary. We will provide you with training and set you up for success.

You must be enrolled for 6 or more credits and be able to provide the employment office with a picture ID and proof of citizenship.

Not necessarily. Employment continuing from semester to semester largely relies on your attendance and your performance.

You must present a picture ID (NMU ID, drivers license, or valid U.S. passport) and proof of citizenship (social security card, birth certificate, or valid U.S. passport.) Please note all documents must be ORIGINAL COPIES – not a copy or scan. Click Here to learn more about acceptable forms of ID required to complete your employment paperwork.

If you are an International Student hired at Dining Services you must call and make an appointment with the Dining Employment office, to complete your work authorization paperwork. We can be reached at 906-227-2496. We work directly with Angie Maki at International Programs to ensure students complete all necessary paperwork.