To best support employees, and their covered family members, a variety of mental health, physical health, and wellness resources are available to employees in benefits eligible positions. These benefits and resources include:
- A partnership with Northstar EAP to provide mental health and wellness tools to eligible individuals
- Access to online therapy and psychiatry visits through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (BCBS) Online Visits for members enrolled in NMU's health plan
- Access to resources included with enrollment in NMU's health plan with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (BCBS). Resources include identity protection, discounts on healthy products and services, webinars, and other health and well-being services.
- Mental Health First Aid training to better equip you to recognize and respond to signs and symptoms of mental health and substance use challenges.
- Self guided online therapy assistance
- Quarterly newsletters offering motivating lifestyle choices
- Information on community resources during times of need.
And much more! We are here to support YOU so you can be your best self at work and at home. Check out the employee mental health and wellness resources page below.
MoveUP Fitness Program
The Move UP fitness program is a community outreach service provided by the School of Health and Human Performance that allows the Marquette and NMU communities the opportunity to engage in a variety of exercises at multiple intensities led by our graduate students. This program is conducted during the fall and winter semesters. Participants attend one-hour sessions three times per week, Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays during the semester.