About the Executive Committee
Membership on the Executive Committee shall be as follows and members shall be appointed by the Board Chair with the consent of the Board:
- The current Board Chair, who will serve as Chair of the Executive Committee;
- The current Board Vice Chair;
- The Chair of the Academic Affairs Committee;
- The Chair of the Finance Committee;
- The President of the University, with the provision that when the President’s compensation or evaluation is before the committee, the President is excused unless invited to remain.
Terms of the committee members shall be one calendar year.
The duties and functions of the Executive Committee include, but are not restricted to, the following:
- Consider and review such projects and proposals for modification or adjustment in the general policies and affairs of the University as may be referred to the Committee by the President or by the Board of Trustees;
- Consider such special problems as may be referred to it from time to time by the President or the Board of Trustees;
- Conduct an annual performance review of the President, based upon mutually-agreed upon goals and objectives developed from the President’s letter of appointment and from previous stated goals and objectives developed by the President and approved by the Board of Trustees;
- Review, at least on an annual basis, the compensation of the President.
- Mr. Stephen E. Young, Chair
- Ms. Lisa I. Fittante
- Ms. Alexis M. Hart
- Dr. Brock F. Tessman