Requesting your NMU Student ID Card
If you would like to receive an NMU student ID card, please follow the instructions below:
- After you have registered for classes, send an email to email@example.com with your full name and NMU IN to let us know you would like a student ID.
- To find your NMU IN: log in to your MyNMU account. Click on your username in the upper right corner of the page. Your NMU IN will be listed on the page that follows.
- Take a photograph of yourself that adheres to the requirements listed on this page.
- Using your smartphone is preferable as it will allow you to take a photo using your phone camera.
- However, if you choose to use a desktop or laptop, you can upload a recent photo in .jpg format with a minimum pixel size of 600 px by 600 px. The maximum file size is 2MB.
- Once uploaded, the Wildcat Express Center Office will review your photo, and you will be notified via your NMU email if it is accepted or rejected within 2-5 business days.
- Within a few weeks of receiving the photos, the ID card will be sent to your permanent mailing address on file with NMU.
NMU Student ID Card Perks
With this Wildcat Express ID card, Global Campus students will receive all of the benefits as on-campus NMU students, including:
- Discounts on tickets to NMU sporting events and activities on campus
- Library privileges including ability to check out NMU library books and utilize library resources
- Bike rental from the NMU bike share program for up to three days with no charge http://www.nmu.edu/asnmu/bike-share
- Discounts from Marquette County businesses that participate in the Wildcat Wallet Discount program:http://www.nmu.edu/asnmu/wildcat-wallet
- Discounts from other businesses (discounts may include movie theater, cultural events, restaurants and public transportation)
More information about and how to manage the Wildcat Express ID card can be found at the Wildcat Express Center.
Photo Guidelines and Requirements
- Ensure your background is plain white or off-white (tip: you can use a towel, sheet or large white piece of paper as a backdrop).
- Ensure your lighting is bright and even.
- Your face must be clearly visible, centered and facing forward.
- Do not submit a senior portrait.
- Do not take your photo while laying down
- No hats, sunglasses, or accessories may be worn.
- All photos must clearly show your face. No masks.
- Your entire face must be visible – the photo must not cut off at the forehead or chin.
- Your eyes must be open and visible (wear prescription glasses if you normally do so).
- Photo must be in color.
- Do not use any filters (Snapchat, Instagram, etc.) or Photoshop.
- Photos should not include other people or animals – no group photos.
- No graduation caps, gowns, or costumes may be worn.
- Be sure to use your devices flash when taking your photo.
- To ensure you photo is not “Too Close”, please take your photo from at least an arms length from your body.
- Selfies are a bad idea when it comes to ID photos. Photos that are taken too close or too far away will be rejected.
- You can take as many photos as you’d like before hitting “submit.”
This photo is acceptable because the entire face is shown, facing forward, with eyes open and a white background.
This photo is unacceptable because the student is wearing a hat, body is positioned at an angle and background is not white.
This photo is unacceptable because the top of the head is not in frame and the background is not plain white or off-white.