ROTC Classroom Stock

All veteran students choosing to use their VA Educational Benefits must contact the Veteran Student Services Office, 2101D Hedgcock, to complete the application process to receive their educational benefits. All students choosing to receive their VA Educational Benefits must complete an NMU Enrollment Verification FormOnce you have completed the form, submit it to the Veteran Student Services Office in Suite 2101D in the Hedgcock Building.  Failure to provide complete information may result in a delay of certification to the VA Regional Office. Completion of the NMU Enrollment Verification Form is not a guarantee that you will receive payment from the VA.

*Note:  New Students must complete a New Student Checklist with the Coordinator, or other trained staff, in addition to the NMU Enrollment Verification Form and a copy of your Degree Evaluation.  In order to continue receiving your VA Educational Benefits each semester afterwards, a printed copy of your Degree Evaluation must accompany the NMU Enrollment Verification Form after you have signed up for classes, even if certified for more than one semester by the school's VA Certifying Official. 



VA benefits are payable for approved courses and programs only. Restrictions apply to some courses and/or programs under some, or all, VA education programs. Veteran students will be certified to the VA in accordance with the current VA regulations. We are required to report complete details of your enrollment, and any subsequent changes, to the VA.

Veteran students must promptly notify the NMU's Veteran Student Services Office, 2101D C. B. Hedgcock Service Center, of any change in their enrollment, including adjustments to their course schedule or withdrawal from the university. A change in your registration and/or attendance may result in payment changes.  Veteran students who fail to successfully complete a course are required to notify the Veteran Student Services Office of the last date of their attendance. Failure to do so will result in our reporting that you did not attend the course. The VA Regional Office will adjust benefits based on the enrollment change date.

We cannot determine the eligibility or payment amount of VA benefits. Veteran students having questions concerning the type or amount of their VA benefits should contact the Veterans Affairs Regional Office directly at:

Veteran Affairs Regional Office
P.O. Box 66830
St. Louis, MO 63166-6830
Telephone:  1-888-442-4551

To Print a Copy of Your Degree Evaluation

  1. Log into your MyNMU account.
  2. From the Student Services tab, Choose Degree Evaluation-CAPP
  3. Choose the most recent semester available on the pop-up screen.
  4. At the bottom of the pop-up screen, choose View Previous or Generate New Evaluation.
  5. From the bottom left of the new page, choose Generate New Evaluation.
  6. Ensure the correct semester is showing in the pop-up menu and click the Generate Request button.
  7. Cut and paste the generated evaluation into a blank Word Document for printing, or try Control + P.