The Institutional Effectiveness (IE) office (formerly Institutional Research, Planning and Assessment or IRPA) at Northern Michigan University serves to provide comprehensive and accurate statistics and analytics that reflect the characteristics and experiences of the student body, faculty, and staff. The office also leads the University’s efforts to maintain quality aligned with the standards of institutional accreditation. The IE office is committed to accuracy, quality, efficiency, integrity, innovation, and a high standard of ethics.
The Institutional Effectiveness office will maintain our key role in the success of Northern Michigan University through accurate reporting, leading-edge analytics, high-quality accreditation efforts, and a commitment to providing information critical in university decision-making.
- Accuracy and Reliability - We provide accurate and reliable data to consumers of information about Northern Michigan University.
- Quality and Consistency - We employ well-designed, clearly documented, and consistent processes to ensure quality in all we do.
- Efficiency and Timeliness - We strive for efficiency by leveraging technology, streamlining processes, and reducing waste. Being efficient allows us to provide information when it is needed without delays.
- Integrity and Growth - We focus on professional development and a model of continuous learning in order to continue to serve the NMU campus in better ways.
- Innovative and Creative - We are creative and innovative and embrace calculated and informed risk as an opportunity for growth and insight.
- Security and Ethics - We are always focused on the protection of data and the safety of students, faculty, and staff. We are committed to the ethical use of data.