Thank-you for stopping by our NMU counselor site. We created a series of short videos - mostly conversations - on topics ranging from admission policy to scholarships to student success and new signature programs. I invite you to view the entire playlist of videos dedicated to you and the work you do to support students.
Links to resources created for Promoting the Publics 2020 - Virtual Edition:
A Note from the Director
Welcome and thank-you for visiting our resource pages for counseling professionals and college access practitioners.
Whether you are providing college planning services at the middle school, high school, community college, early/middle college or in your community, we appreciate your connection with Northern Michigan University.
I wish you well during these challenging times and encourage you to visit these pages:
- Virtual Experiences at NMU
- Applying for Admission - Information about our test-free/test-blind policy - now permanent!
- See what your students are receiving from us in the mail.
Please consider a visit to NMU when travel is possible. We'd love to have you as our guest at our summer 'camp' or personalized visit. We hosted counselor and family summer camp experiences in July 2018 and 2019. We had so much fun meeting counselors and their family members and sharing our love of NMU and the Marquette area. Kudos to those who climbed Sugarloaf Mountain or jumped off Black Rocks into Lake Superior! Unfortunately, we had to cancel this summer's event, but we are looking forward to hosting it in July 2021.
- The NMU profile for counselors is available here.
- Who is my NMU rep? See us all but also scroll to search by region.
- We have resources for your students earning early college credit.
- New academic offerings are in full swing, including indoor agriculture and new majors in theatre and dance including theatre technology and design.
- See how supporting our students is critical to their success.
- Scholarships: You and your students can view scholarships offered at the time of admission. Don't forget our Presidential Scholars Competition for your high school seniors. Over 200 scholarships are offered from this competition, including full-ride and full-tuition awards.
- Financial Hardship/Application Fee Waivers: If you are working with a student who wishes to apply to NMU and for whom the $35 application fee would cause financial difficulty, please know we consider requests made via standard fee waiver request forms such as College Board, NACAC, our the NMU waiver form.
- Request NMU school spirit items for your classroom or office area. We'll be happy to send some your way.
As always, please let us know how we can strengthen our partnership to serve students.
Executive Director of Admissions
906-227-1464 or 800-682-9797
Even though you may be hundreds, or even thousands, of miles away, it's easy to get connected and explore NMU. With a click of the mouse, you can see what's happening on Northern's campus. Stream live from webcams placed in various locations on campus. View videos and photos of NMU facilities. Or, check out the latest Wildcat news and events.
- Webcam: Want to see what's going on right now? View the academic mall -- the center of campus, the Berry Events Center or the interior of the Superior Dome
- Photos: Get a closer look at the NMU campus and the Marquette community.
- Cost Calculator: Estimate your cost to attend NMU, including your financial aid package and scholarships for which you may qualify.
- Campus Calendar: This calendar includes all the events scheduled on campus.
- Student Announcements: View current announcements from the Dean of Students' Office