Individual Counselor Visit Program
Seeing and experiencing is believing. If you have never experienced the campus of Northern Michigan University, or if it has been a while, we would love for you to come and visit. This program is open to all secondary school and community college guidance staff and their families, and it is much more than just a tour. We will arrange for a meeting with an admissions counselor and a current NMU student will lead you on a tour of campus. We are also able to set up any meetings you may want with other faculty and staff. This offer entitles you to one night's complimentary lodging and a complimentary meal on campus.
Individual visits are offered anytime NMU is in session and can be scheduled by calling 800-682-9797 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please let us know when you would like to come, how many people will be in your party, your school and what you would like to do while you are on our campus.
Summer Counselor Visit to NMU
July 22 to July 24, 2020 - CANCELED
Note: If you registered for this summer's program, please check the email you registered with for an official email from campus
We hope to host our Summer Counselor Visit to NMU in July 2021
The summer counselor visit program is designed for college guidance professionals (and guests) who are interested in exploring NMU in a group setting with peer counselors. The program includes a three-day campus visit where counselors will experience NMU, Marquette and the sandy beaches of Lake Superior's shores. Believe us: there's nothing like summertime in Marquette, Michigan, and we truly hope you can join us.
Your registration includes:
- Complimentary lodging in a residence hall suite for you and up to 3 additional guests/family members for three nights: July 21-July 23 (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday).
- Meal passes for on-campus dining for you and your guests
- Counselor sessions where you will tour campus facilities; meet faculty, staff and students to learn about NMU’s unique programs and opportunities for our students
- Optional activities in the Marquette area for you and your family
Registration is closed.
For more information call (800) 682-9797 or email the program coordinator Kate Hooper at email@example.com. We look forward to meeting you!
To learn more about the Marquette area and other attractions to explore:
- Blueberry Festival, Friday, July 25: www.downtownmarquette.org/blueberry-festival
- Farmer’s Market, Saturday, July 26: mqtfarmersmarket.com
- Art on the Rocks, Saturday & Sunday, July 26-27: marquetteartontherocks.com
- Marquette Chamber of Commerce: marquettechamber.com/recreation-tourism/
- Marquette County Visitors Bureau: www.travelmarquettemichigan.com
- The 10 Best Things to Do in Marquette (TripAdvisor)