College of Arts and Sciences is the home to one of Northern Michigan University’s seven Centers of Excellence: the Center for Economic Education and Entrepreneurship. This special purpose center provides and coordinates educational outreach programming to K-12 educators, NMU students and community members throughout the Upper Peninsula.
The six other Centers of Excellence include:
- Center for Gerontological Studies
- Glenn T. Seaborg Center for Teaching and Learning Science and Mathematics
- Multicultural Education and Resource Center
- Upper Peninsula Center for Educational Development
- Center for Native American Studies
- Center for Upper Peninsula Studies