NMU Undergraduate Application Information Related to COVID-19:
We continue to process new applications for admission for summer 2020, fall 2020, winter 2021 and future terms submitted through this site. We appreciate everyone's patience and understanding as our staff members work remotely to assist you.
NMU does not have application, commitment or enrollment deposit deadlines for first-year freshman applicants or transfer applicants. If your SAT or ACT scores are not available due to circumstances related to COVID-19, we will work with you. We will be able to process an admission decision for Fall 2020 prior to receiving test scores if the rest of your application elements are complete. For current high school juniors who will be applying for Fall 2021 admission, we have adopted a test-blind admissions policy.
We will work with each applicant and admitted student individually as your situation warrants. Please contact us for assistance via email@example.com and a staff member will respond as soon as possible.
Find more information here. See below to apply or check your application status. Stay safe!
Are you taking NMU courses prior to graduating from high school? Find information here
If you'll be taking credits from NMU that you'd like to transfer to your main institution, apply as a guest student.
There are special requirements for international students. Refer to the application instructions.
English Language Institute (ELI)
If you are interested in enrolling in summer courses only, our "non-degree" or "guest" options may be a good fit. Find definitions and links to instructions here. Find more information about summer offerings at NMU at nmu.edu/summer.
If you previously attended NMU as a degree-seeking undergraduate, did not complete your degree, but less than one year has passed since your last enrollment, you do not need to re-apply. Access your MyNMU account for access to course registration.
Every admissions application will require additional documents in order for an admissions decision to be made (in general, these are items like transcripts, test scores, etc.). These documents can be submitted to NMU any time after your application has been submitted. More instructions can be found at Apply by Student Type or contact us if you have any questions.
Additional information regarding undergraduate admissions:
- NMU processes applications on a rolling basis. While there are no deadlines, we wish to assist you well in advance of the semester for which you plan to enroll.
- You may submit your application online (best option), or print and mail it to us. To request a paper form, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may check the status of your application with our on-line application status check tool.
- Applicants may pay the $35 undergraduate application fee online, by phone (1-800-682-9797 or 1-906-227-2650) or may mail a check or money order. Application fee waivers and exceptions may be available.
- Although we do not require an admissions essay, personal statement or counselor recommendation, if there is additional information about yourself that you would like to share with us, please feel free to submit it along with your application. These items maybe be e-mailed to email@example.com or mailed to NMU Admissions, 1401 Presque Isle Ave., Marquette, MI, 49855
- NMU's Student Handbook describes the Student Code and university policies, including conditions of enrollment related to contact information, financial obligations and housing. It is important to be aware of these policies and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have about these policies.