NMU Undergraduate Application - General Information
We welcome applications for admission for all terms. We process applications continually and make admissions decisions as soon as each file is complete.
NMU does not have application, commitment or enrollment deposit deadlines for first-year freshman applicants or transfer applicants. Exception: High School seniors planning to participate in the Presidential Scholars Competition should follow those application deadlines.
Test scores (ACT/SAT) are not considered in admissions or scholarship decisions.
Find our COVID-19 related FAQs here. See below for application instructions.
We will work with each applicant and admitted student individually as your situation warrants. Please contact us for assistance at 906-227-2650 or email@example.com. We look forward to connecting with you.
Apply as an International Student
Northern Michigan University welcomes international students in our undergraduate, graduate, and Global Campus programs.
If you will require a F-1 Visa to study at NMU, you will apply as an international student
Learn more about the Admission Requirements for international students.
Contact the International Programs Office with any questions about applying to Northern Michigan University. We are here to make the application and immigration processes easier to navigate.
Join our growing community of international Wildcats!
Apply to NMU as a Special Student Type
Are you taking NMU courses prior to graduating from high school? Find information here
If you'll be taking credits from NMU that you'd like to transfer to your main institution, visit the Michigan Transfer Network website of your home institution to find the Guest Application or contact your home institution directly for the guest application. Tap Here for more information on applying as a guest student.
Apply for Summer Enrollment
If you are interested in enrolling in summer courses only, our "non-degree" or "guest" options may be a good fit. Find definitions and links to instructions here. Find more information about summer offerings at NMU at nmu.edu/summer.
Apply to NMU as a Re-Entry Student
If you previously attended NMU as a degree-seeking undergraduate, did not complete your degree, but less than one year has passed since your last enrollment, you do not need to re-apply. Access your MyNMU account for access to course registration.
Questions about applying to NMU?
Every admissions application will require additional documents, such as transcripts, in order for an admissions decision to be made. More instructions can be found at Apply by Student Type or contact us if you have any questions.
Additional information regarding undergraduate admissions:
- NMU processes applications on a rolling basis. While there are no deadlines, we wish to assist you well in advance of the semester for which you plan to enroll.
- You may submit your application online (best option), or print and mail it to us. To request a paper form, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may check the status of your application with our on-line application status check tool.
- Applicants may pay the $35 undergraduate application fee online, by phone (1-800-682-9797 or 1-906-227-2650) or may mail a check or money order. Application fee waivers and exceptions may be available.
- Although we do not require an admissions essay, personal statement or counselor recommendation, if there is additional information about yourself that you would like to share with us, please feel free to submit it along with your application. These items maybe be e-mailed to email@example.com or mailed to NMU Admissions, 1401 Presque Isle Ave., Marquette, MI, 49855
- NMU's Student Handbook describes the Student Code and university policies, including conditions of enrollment related to contact information, financial obligations and housing. It is important to be aware of these policies and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have about these policies.