General Education Requirements

Students admitted and taking courses at NMU beginning Fall 2017 are required to complete specific General Education and specific Graduation Requirements. The University Bulletin explains the policy and different sections of these requirements. Michigan transfer students who have completed the MTA will have their General Education requirements satisfied. You may still have Graduation Requirements to complete.

You can use the NMU equivalency database on Transferology to match individual transfer courses to the current list of General Education and Graduation Requirement courses. The link below will take you to the General Education course list from the Academic and Career Advising Center (ACAC).

Request a Major Equivalency Guide

Are you a public community college student? We can help you with planning your transfer to NMU! Request a Major Equivalency Guide that lists these components:

  1. Current transfer equivalencies at NMU for courses required in your major core, and any concentrations or special tracks
  2. General education information
  3. Important information about being a Wildcat and contact information to always stay in touch with your Transfer Specialist!

Public community college students request your guide below!

Online (Global Campus) students click here

Current NMU students need to contact academic advising: click here

Advisers/staff: click here