Northern Michigan University offers the following programs to dependents and family members of NMU graduates. Contact NMU Admissions with any questions: 1-800-682-9797 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Alumni Legacy Scholarship is offered exclusively to students whose parent (or grandparent) is a Northern Michigan University alumnus and reside in the state of Michigan. The NMU Alumni Association will award up to ten $1,000 Legacy Scholarships annually. Students may re-apply.
In order to qualify to apply for this award, students must meet the following qualifications
- Must be the child (or grandchild) of a Northern Michigan University graduate.
- Must be a Michigan resident attending NMU, having earned at least 60 credits.
- Must be a continuous, full-time student enrolled in at least 12 credit hours per semester for the duration of the award
- Must complete the Alumni Legacy Certification form.
- Must complete a Personal Statement paper that addresses the following:
- Please describe your extracurricular involvement (school, community and/or spiritual organizations) during the past three years;
- For your parent (grandparent) who is an alum, what do they describe to you as their best memory of their NMU experience?
- Why did you choose to attend NMU?
- Any other information you would like to share with the scholarship committee.