Week of Diversity in STEM Art Contest
Please help us to celebrate the contributions that individuals from diverse walks of life have made to the disciplines of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM). We invite you to prepare an artistic contribution to be exhibited as part of the Diversity in STEM festivities during the week of February 7-11, 2022. Any artistic medium that can be displayed on either an easel or a tabletop is welcome. Cash prizes will be awarded!
- Art pieces must relate to the intersection of human diversity and STEM disciplines. Contributors will be asked to write a brief explanation of how their piece highlights the theme of Diversity in STEM.
- Any medium that can be displayed as described above is welcome (e.g., painting, sketch, photograph, sculpture, wood carving, etc.).
- We welcome submissions from students, faculty, or staff.
- Pieces must be ready to be displayed without difficulty on an easel or tabletop. Submissions should be delivered to the Lydia M. Olson Library main floor between 8am and noon on Wednesday, Feb. 9. Pieces will remain on display through the end of the week.
- Contestants must fill out this online form to provide information about their piece of artwork. Forms can be submitted at any time between now and when the artwork is dropped off.
2022 Art Contest Winners!
Congratulations to the winners of the 2022 Week of Diversity in STEM Art Contest!
Best in Show
Gwennyth Paulson - "Monocot Vascular Bundles in Rainbow"
Dakota Mace - "Animal Cell 2"
Sydney Romps - "From All Walks of Life"
Sheehan Personett - "Together We Thrive"