Transferring to NMU's Department of Biology
This page includes a variety of resources and information for those interested in transferring to Northern Michigan University's Department of Biology.
In addition to completing some of your General Education requirements, you can often complete courses equivalent to some or all of the science courses listed below before transferring to NMU. Taking these courses or equivalencies is highly encouraged, as they will help decrease the amount of time it will take for you to obtain your degree.
- BI 111 – Introductory Biology - Principles
- BI 112 – Introductory Biology – Diversity
- CH 111 – General Chemistry I
- CH 112 – General Chemistry II
- CH 315/317 – Organic Chemistry I (with lab)
- CH 325/327 – Organic Chemistry II (with lab)
- PH 201 – College Physics I
- PH 202 – College Physics II
- MA 109 – Introduction to Probability and Statistics
- MA 111 – College Algebra for Calculus Preparation
Please note: Requirements can change and you may need to reference the current NMU bulletin and/or consult with the biology department head for the latest information. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.