Undergraduate Student Forms
- Registration for BI 288 (Research in Biology) and BI 488 (Advanced Research in Biology)
- Course Substitution Form
- Course Waiver Form
- Directed Study Form (BI 498)
- Undergraduate Request to Register for a Graduate-level Course
- College of Arts and Sciences Special Funding Request form
- Student Travel Fund Request Form
Graduate Student Forms and Resources
- Graduate Office Plan of Study form - this should generally be completed in a graduate student's 1st semester and sent to the Biology office and to the Graduate Office
- Biology Proposal form - this is a departmental form that should be completed following the proposal defense (generally in a student's 2nd semester) and sent to the Biology office and to the Graduate Office
- Thesis defense form - this is a departmental form that should be completed following the thesis defense and sent to the Biology office
- Thesis Signature form - this is a template for the thesis signature page required by the Graduate Office; it should also be completed at the thesis defense
All forms to be sent to the Graduate Office do not require physical signatures, but must otherwise be filled out completely. The Graduate Office will circulate the forms for electronic signatures upon receipt. Email addresses for any non-NMU signatories should be included to facilitate the e-signature process.
Courses and credits
Graduate course registration forms should be downloaded, completed electronically, and sent to the Biology Department Head, who will check for completion and forward them to the Graduate Office.
- Graduate Research/Practicum Credit (BI 589) Form
- Directed Study (BI 598) Form
- Graduate Thesis Credit (BI 599) Form
- Course Substitution/Elective Assignment Form - Word PDF
- Course Waiver Form - Word PDF
- Transfer Credit Request Form - Word PDF
- Graduate Assistantship Application form - Deadline for submission of GA application to the Biology Department is February 15
- Request for Change in Bulletin Year form
- Student Travel Fund Request Form
Several other NMU sites provide additional forms that may be useful:
Registrar's Forms page - includes forms for course changes and exceptions (e.g., course registration, waivers, grade change) and updates to personal information (e.g., address change, residency update, plan of study).
Minors (Youth) on Campus Templates and Forms page - includes forms required for youth participants in NMU-sponsored activities
Graduate Faculty Status
- Faculty absence from class form - This form is to be used by faculty to report plans that will require them to miss a scheduled class meeting.
- International Travel Registration Form - This form must be completed well in advance (recommended > 1 month) of departure for any university-related international travel. Also linked on MyNMU (Employee tab).
- Student trip report form (Clery Act) - This form is to be used by faculty to report information regarding off-campus trips of more than a single night that involve students. Must be submitted within 30 days of return from travel. A pdf version of the online form is found here.
Other administrative forms
- Finance and administration forms - This site has links for forms commonly used for grant management (e.g., Org # request) and other financial matters.
- Student conduct reporting form - This form is to be used to report concerning conduct by students to the Dean of Students Office.
- Incident and Near Miss reporting forms - This site has links for forms to report incidents that require more than self-administered first aid (e.g., a student cuts themself in lab and requires stitches), and unsafe conditions or near misses that did not result in injury, but could do so in the future if not addressed (e.g., frayed electrical wiring or other damage to equipment that could cause injury).